Compensation Question

cnome02

I currently work for a carrier and make a good salary, with bonus im up in the $150K range. I really would like to transition to the sales side and become a P&C broker. Can anyone help me with what to expect for income? How much can a good first year broker make and what is the potential? Does anyone know of any P&C brokers that do extremely well?

With what your making now, I would not even attempt to step out on your own, especially since P&C pays as earned, your talking about having tons of money to invest in the beginning and it may take you years to get to $100K, and that's if you work really hard and have a really good source of constant leads. Just my opinion in a horribly economy...

With what your making now, I would not even attempt to step out on your own, especially since P&C pays as earned, your talking about having tons of money to invest in the beginning and it may take you years to get to $100K, and that's if you work really hard and have a really good source of constant leads. Just my opinion in a horribly economy...

What he said...

Without more details, it sounds like you should probably stay right where you're at. You'd probably have to make at least $175k-$200k/year just to match what you're at when you consider the benefits and other perks.

Is someone trying to recruit you?
You thinking commercial?
Where are you at now?

It will take you 4/5 years to get to what you are making now if you are very good at selling, prospecting and networking. I know agents that make seven figures but it has taken them 20+ years of extremely hard work to build their
business to that level. You can also reach those levels on the company side if you are committed to the climb and are willing to relocate and change companies consistently.

Back