Compensation

I spent my whole life beginning with Military Service at age 17 looking to provide service to my country and my community. When I retired in 2008 from the VA I thought, just once, I would like to see how far and how fast I could go if someone would just hand me the ball and tell me to "run". I had three years of banking, very early-on and knew I was good at it, along with selling annuities, insurance and back instruments. In short, I know myaself well enough that I am an over achiever with a proven track-record of success.

When I crossed paths with Farmers and New York Life I forgot that "the promise is always greater than the reality". FWIW.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

Why did you leave the bank?

You were successful selling annuities and insurance and you need a NYL manager to hold your hand? You don't wait on someone to 'hand" you the ball.. You pick the darn thing up and run with it!

You are licensed. You have a list of people that know you. You can have apps emailed to you today. You can write business on yourself and family today. Fax that in with contracting Tuesday. Be the master of your own ship. The Military,VA and bank rep are jobs. This is not a job. Decide what you want.

What is bitching going to accomplish?

I spent my whole life beginning with Military Service at age 17 looking to provide service to my country and my community. When I retired in 2008 from the VA I thought, just once, I would like to see how far and how fast I could go if someone would just hand me the ball and tell me to "run". I had three years of banking, very early-on and knew I was good at it, along with selling annuities, insurance and back instruments. In short, I know myaself well enough that I am an over achiever with a proven track-record of success.

When I crossed paths with Farmers and New York Life I forgot that "the promise is always greater than the reality". FWIW.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

I know this is going to sound like a huge contradiction to what I have written across four threads, but I am speaking for myself now and not as an observer of an industry, 'kay?

My goal has always been to get on-board as a Financial Rep or Financial Advisor. All of this dicking around with Insurance has only been preparatory to getting into a position as a Finacial Rep. My DM at Farmers told me not to expect to get into the Farmers class for 6 years. NYL wanted me to cash-in my "hold cards" (aka: "my warm market") and the Financial stuff would come "later".

Now, I did a LOT of research before I started this adventure. I went around to various "captured" agencies, and almost all of those were little cubbies in obscure locations where people had fallen to living off referrals from a few thousand PIF. I know I can do better than that. THATS why I went with NYL. THATS why I am so damned disappointed. I've crossed paths with two of the biggest names in the US Insurance community and feel like I've been side-swiped by a car full of teenagers on a joy ride! :goofy:

I don't see me giving up on this. But I need to do some healing and careful reconsideration before I take my next step. Again...this is just me speaking for myself.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

Glad2bHere said:
I know this is going to sound like a huge contradiction to what I have written across four threads, but I am speaking for myself now and not as an observer of an industry, 'kay?

My goal has always been to get on-board as a Financial Rep or Financial Advisor. All of this dicking around with Insurance has only been preparatory to getting into a position as a Finacial Rep. My DM at Farmers told me not to expect to get into the Farmers class for 6 years. NYL wanted me to cash-in my "hold cards" (aka: "my warm market") and the Financial stuff would come "later".

Now, I did a LOT of research before I started this adventure. I went around to various "captured" agencies, and almost all of those were little cubbies in obscure locations where people had fallen to living off referrals from a few thousand PIF. I know I can do better than that. THATS why I went with NYL. THATS why I am so damned disappointed. I've crossed paths with two of the biggest names in the US Insurance community and feel like I've been side-swiped by a car full of teenagers on a joy ride! :goofy:

I don't see me giving up on this. But I need to do some healing and careful reconsideration before I take my next step. Again...this is just me speaking for myself.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

You do realize financial advisors still need to get in front of people to make the sale.

You know the great part about this industry what you have done before or lack there of doesn't matter because you can go out tomorrow and write business in a new way and still bust it out of the park. Bruce I wish you the best.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

I'll teach you the Med Supp and FE business. But you must contract under me and only me for 2 years.

PM me if interested.

I'll teach you the Med Supp and FE business. But you must contract under me and only me for 2 years.

PM me if interested.

I am interested if I can make at least 200k per year with you furnishing the prospects and doing the interviews. :yes:

No, you missed the point.

The fact is, is that business will not just "come to you". You didn't open a franchise businses. You are an insurance agent. You are in a service based industry.

But you have to go out and create your own work. You don't have to 'prey' on others to win. That sounds like a win/lose situation. But you do need to get up, get out and do something. That's more than what 90% of America does every day. Most of America just "shows up" to work and "looks" like their working. In this business, "looking" like you're working means you're not and you won't have a career for very long.

So, the DRIVE to do the necessary things to make it work... THAT is 'predatory'. It's not about looking at your prospect like a piece of meat. It's having the drive to make things happen.

If you can't make yourself do the necessary things to make this business work... then nothing will work... and you should go get a job mired in mediocrity. (IMO, 'real jobs' are merit-based and based on your contribution to the profitability of the enterprise. Salaried jobs don't always fit that definition.)

A couple of audio programs I happen to like on this subject. They're meant for an MLM-audience, but they're applicable for just about any kind of sales. They also happen to be very inexpensive:

Murphys Committee (Single MP3 Audio Download)

mp3 - Building Your Network Marketing Business [JR103] - $3.99 : Inspirational Quotes - Personal Development - Motivational Quotes & More - Jim Rohn International

Of course I found parts 1,2 and 3 of murphy's Committe on you tube.

Part 1:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am interested if I can make at least 200k per year with you furnishing the prospects and doing the interviews. :yes:

I would promise unlimited earning potential and teaching you how to prospect for yourself, but you're out of my area. I only recruit and train in Missouri and Illinois.
Also, I posted the offer before reading all his other posts. I wouldn't take this one on. There would be insanely too much hand-holding needed with unrealistic expectations.

I would promise unlimited earning potential and teaching you how to prospect for yourself, but you're out of my area. I only recruit and train in Missouri and Illinois.
Also, I posted the offer before reading all his other posts. I wouldn't take this one on. There would be insanely too much hand-holding needed with unrealistic expectations.

If you are serious about training, please call Senior Advisior Indiana. The guy has a license but I think he's still delivering salt.

Rick

Back