Compensation

I know this is going to sound like a huge contradiction to what I have written across four threads, but I am speaking for myself now and not as an observer of an industry, 'kay?

My goal has always been to get on-board as a Financial Rep or Financial Advisor. All of this dicking around with Insurance has only been preparatory to getting into a position as a Finacial Rep. My DM at Farmers told me not to expect to get into the Farmers class for 6 years. NYL wanted me to cash-in my "hold cards" (aka: "my warm market") and the Financial stuff would come "later".

Now, I did a LOT of research before I started this adventure. I went around to various "captured" agencies, and almost all of those were little cubbies in obscure locations where people had fallen to living off referrals from a few thousand PIF. I know I can do better than that. THATS why I went with NYL. THATS why I am so damned disappointed. I've crossed paths with two of the biggest names in the US Insurance community and feel like I've been side-swiped by a car full of teenagers on a joy ride! :goofy:

I don't see me giving up on this. But I need to do some healing and careful reconsideration before I take my next step. Again...this is just me speaking for myself.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

Have you considered Edward Jones?

You say you want to be a "financial rep/advisor".

You don't want to work your "warm market".

Edward Jones could look like a great fit for you... as long as you'll put in the work that they expect: residential door-knocking in your area about 6 hours per day.

Have you considered Edward Jones?

You say you want to be a "financial rep/advisor".

You don't want to work your "warm market".

Edward Jones could look like a great fit for you... as long as you'll put in the work that they expect: residential door-knocking in your area about 6 hours per day.

DHK, you just took the words out of my mouth. I think you should give EDJ a whirl.

Of course, Edward Jones doesn't take everybody. (They didn't take me 8 years ago.)

My aunt is an EJ rep. She's taking over for the advisor she assisted for over 10 years.

Her husband USED to be an EJ rep. He didn't like the flakiness of his prospects, I think. Now he's with AFLAC and seeing some decent success with it.

So, keep in mind, it's not for everybody, but based on your posts, I think it would be the best fit for you... as long as you commit to executing the training you receive from them. And yes, they have a very regimented training program. You just might like it.

Some people are not comfortable being a predator. Life insurance, unlike other insurance, is sold by meat eating predators. We get hungry, we hunt something down and kill it.

There are other meat eaters that wait for someone else to kill something before they eat. They stay hungry.

Get your ass out there and start killing something. Even if it is small. Get an app or two under your belt. If making your first sales does not get your juices flowing. Get a real job.

Bump -

Someone reminded me about this thread and I reread part of it.

Damn, we can get to it in some of these threads :twitchy:

Life insurance, unlike other insurance, is sold by meat eating predators

Including bacon, right?

Kill any hogs lately?

Had no idea you had to hunt them. I thought they stayed in the pen until you wrestled them to the ground and stabbed them.

"We get hungry, we hunt something down and kill it."

There are basically two types of birds in this industry.

The Buzzards and Vultures - They wait for something to die before they eat.

Birds of Prey - They go out and find something to kill when they want to eat.

Me - I am more of a farmer (my book) that still enjoys Hunting.

bald_eagle2_137072010.jpg

Latest posts

Back