Complete unethical practices.

eddie

Guru
100+ Post Club
Wisconsin
Kind of getting sick and tired of these new fruitball agents that don’t know what they’re doing coming in our business and trying to backdoor me and replace my policies that I just wrote for clients with 2 year exclusion wait graded death benefit plans that do not compete whatsoever with my first day coverage plans I got approved for the client! Second one today that I saved. I think it’s time to start calling the department of insurance. Any of you guys going through this lately?

Kind of getting sick and tired of these new fruitball agents that don’t know what they’re doing coming in our business and trying to backdoor me and replace my policies that I just wrote for clients with 2 year exclusion wait graded death benefit plans that do not compete whatsoever with my first day coverage plans I got approved for the client! Second one today that I saved. I think it’s time to start calling the department of insurance. Any of you guys going through this lately?

I've gone through this my whole career as I'm sure most of the old-timers on here have. Calling the DOI won't do a bit of good unless your clients complain. Your complaint to them means nothing.

I used to try and call the agent to see if I could educate them a bit, but not everyone would bother with doing that.

Understood. I get what your saying and I don’t mind educating as well as I have done. I’ve been in the biz 14yrs. I did get the client in on one call to the DOI last year. Complete forgery on an amendment. Probably didn’t want to drive back to the client to get it and just have needed their advance right away but guess what?..... He gone! You know what your doing when that happens and I feel no remorse for that. No education needed there.

Understood. I get what your saying and I don’t mind educating as well as I have done. I’ve been in the biz 14yrs. I did get the client in on one call to the DOI last year. Complete forgery on an amendment. Probably didn’t want to drive back to the client to get it and just have needed their advance right away but guess what?..... He gone! You know what your doing when that happens and I feel no remorse for that. No education needed there.

Good for you. I tend to agree with reporting bad agents, and more regulation is actually better for the honest agent.

In the telesales world, illegal phone calls are rampant. I love the guys that are professional plaintiffs.... they are are my team as far as I am concerned.

I just left an appointment at a nursing home. When I arrived at the address I wondered if the lead lived there. The husband did. He has advanced Parkinson's. An agent wrote him and the wife a level contract. They gave him a void check and told him to draft on the 3rd Wednesday of last month. He turned it in and it drafted early causing a NSF. If he would have done as asked I wouldn't be involved and he would have got away with it.

I've gone through this my whole career as I'm sure most of the old-timers on here have. Calling the DOI won't do a bit of good unless your clients complain. Your complaint to them means nothing.
Not exactly true in all cases. I received a letter from Virginia Bureau because a policy I placed knocked out a New York Life agent and he reported me for not filing a replacement form. customer never said they were replacing anything. I forwarded to the Virginia bureau all of the cancellation notices the agent had been sent where he continued to draft premium for 5 months. the bureau stopped bugging me and opened an investigation on him

acts like these drive me up the wall! I still manage to make a good living.
Plus, it goes on EVERY WHERE! I see it with groups, health ins, medicare, and so much more.
SAD!

This happens to all of us. Nothing to do just move on. Spending time on it will just waste your time and money. My experience when this happens to me is majority of the time it is those pesky Lincoln Heritage agents.

I'm pretty sure this issue exists in every industry to some extent.

In the beginning it made my job more difficult because I had to compete against them. Now it seems to actually help me, as I have built a reputation, and I stand out well above those slimy bastards.

Back