Compliant or Not? MA Email Summary of Benefits

vertex

Expert
I would like opinions on directing potential clients to my web site that would give them the option to request information on MAPD plans by putting their email in a form, clicking submit, and having the Summary of Benefits for that carrier automatically emailed to them.

No plan information would be posted on the site, just the name of the carriers that they can choose from.

My opinion would be to contact the compliance dept. of the various carriers you would want to use and ask the question there.

If the summary of benefits has been approved by CMS, which I understand it to be, then I dont see how you would be in violation. However, I dont work for CMS, so this is just my opinion.

You might be able to send the SB. But if you aren't allowed to put a given carrier's name on your site, what will they click on?

Fisher is right. Run it by the compliance departments.

I would like opinions on directing potential clients to my web site that would give them the option to request information on MAPD plans by putting their email in a form, clicking submit, and having the Summary of Benefits for that carrier automatically emailed to them.

No plan information would be posted on the site, just the name of the carriers that they can choose from.

Another option is using Ritter's site (If you have any contracts with him). CMS approved. SEE LINK HERE >> BRIAN PENNER.

Last edited:
Do you have to have the contracts with them represented in the quote engine or can they still provide all the plan overviews without all contracts?

I would not want a prospect to download the SOB. Why don't you give them a way to contact you? And then once you have had a conversation with them and you have an idea of a plan that is a good fit, you can email them the SOB, but I would not have that as a feature on the site. I would think there would be a lot of programming and logistics for someone to be able to specify each specific SOB available that you offer as well.

I would not want a prospect to download the SOB. Why don't you give them a way to contact you? And then once you have had a conversation with them and you have an idea of a plan that is a good fit, you can email them the SOB, but I would not have that as a feature on the site. I would think there would be a lot of programming and logistics for someone to be able to specify each specific SOB available that you offer as well.

Good point. SBs are not good sales documents. It is about as bad as a CPA posting IRS regulations on his or her site.

Back