smbinsurance

Independent agency owner here. In addition to traditional, commission-based revenue, I'd like to develop a few complimentary revenue streams. Anyone willing to share some successful and/or failed experiences you've had with trying to do the same thing? What did you do and what was the result?

Independent agency owner here. In addition to traditional, commission-based revenue, I'd like to develop a few complimentary revenue streams. Anyone willing to share some successful and/or failed experiences you've had with trying to do the same thing? What did you do and what was the result?

Sell BOE to business owners, accidental life/DI to motorcycle owners, mortgage protection/life insurance to homeowners...that's some of the low hanging fruit in a P&C agency.

Yeah. The commissions are good on new business. The renewals aren't that great. It's worth it, 0 servicing. I've been selling it for years. It's a no brainer add on. Feel free to do some research. There are a lot of negative reviews from people that can't or won't invest the time to actually sell it, but if you are already selling p&c it's a very easy segue. I close about 30% of what I pitch. You can pm me if you want to get signed up with it.

Back