Compulife Denied Prelim Injunctive Relief by Court

Discussion in 'Insurance Technology Forum' started by nylife11023, Jun 16, 2017.

1. djs

djs Super Moderator Moderator

State:
    California
    The case isn't in regards to agents, just NAAIP and related entities.

I don't know if he did or not, but I hope he decided against suing individual agents.

I'll leave the legal opinion of stealing information that is semi-publicly available to the legal experts. Technically, this could have been avoided pretty easily, which is far cheaper then lawyers.

Dan

2. nylife11023

nylife11023 Well-Known Member

State:

Every settlement is cheaper than lawyers! I guess Bob has info that his adversary has deep pockets and that he can prevail in court. If the past judgement is prologue, I'd say it won't happen, but none of us are privy to the info that Bob and his legal team has.

3. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    No, Bob is in it "for the principle" of the thing. NAAIP is getting more free advertising than they could have imagined for this.

4. nylife11023

State:

I don't agree. Bob has always seemed like a level-headed businessman to me and I'm not sure he would be spending big bucks tilting at windmills. I'm pretty sure he knows something the rest of us don't. If so, I wonder what it is.

Does anyone know the financial footing of NAAIP? If Bob wins does he stand a good chance of collecting anything... at least to pay his legal bills?

5. DHK

DHK Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Who are you and what have you done with nylife11023?

6. nylife11023

State:

I don't like the man personally and I disagree with the man on political and social issues, but he runs a good business which has been successful and from what I've read here over the years has provided value to life agents.

I assume he has made good biz decisions in the past so I will assume he is making one with this case although I have questioned them myself on this forum.

I figure you don't get to be as rich and successful as Bob is by making really bad biz decisions... at least not too many of them.

I will admit that if he does not have 'the goods' on NAAIP, it will rank as a really bad decision... and we've all made them.

He obviously has deep pockets and so I guess if he wants to indulge himself in legal games, it is his right to do so. Personally if I wanted to throw money away on an indulgence, I'd either buy a sailboat or keep a mistress... maybe both.

7. Mattschmidt

Mattschmidt Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Not going the way Robert Barney envisioned. Wonder when this is all gets dismissed

8. excitedaboutlife

excitedaboutlife New Member

I was one of the thousands of agents contacted by Bob with threats of certain lawsuit agents me for having a NAAIP site.

I spoke to Moses Newman and they tell me that this decision was based on a Bob deposition that took place months ago.

A few days ago, Bob was deposed for a second time as the expert in his company on issues of programming, etc.

As well, Moses Newman, who is a 51 year old, a top notch programmer from NY University was deposed for over 8 hours.

Moses tell me that the case is a joke and all those who were "harmed" by Bob's statements/actions will be made whole.

I guess the question will be whether to join a class action against Bob or to sue Bob individually.

There must be thousands of agents out there that have been harmed. Lol.

naaip.org/judge-order-6-11-2017.pdf

----------

From my conversations with Moses Newman, naaip.org programmer that got deposed for over 8 hours. Bob has no case - and Bob wanted to slow the growth/shut down naaip.org by this lawsuit. That is it - Bob took a gamble and lost - Game will be over in September and Bob gets countered by thousands of individual lawsuits or by a class action.

When a judge states factually that you have no damages, have not been harmed and you will not be harmed in the future - How do you explain to the jury/judge why you initiated the lawsuit?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  9. Norwayguy

Norwayguy Well-Known Member

State:
    Maine
    Based on the past false NAAIP posters will the real David Rustien please stand up.

10. naaipmoses

naaipmoses Well-Known Member

It is not that Bob was trying the case in the court of public opinion - Bob was using the case to pick up new customers - and to attempt to destroy a potential competitor before it gets to big.

Keep in mind that naaip.org is a free website builder for insurance agents - Obviously a free website builder that gets a huge market share becomes a Amazonian powerhouse in the insurance industry. Bob was just trying to stop that.

Agents on this forum should know that naaip.org main focus is search engine optimization for insurance websites.