Concern about the longevity of Medicare

I think Medicare for All is coming but it may be a few years down the road. I’m 61 so I feel somewhat safe being affected before it happens.

I would suggest running for, and getting elected to a public office, for anybody's career. You get to spend money that isn't there, free healthcare for life in many cases, and a guilt free conscience for never following through on what you said during the last campaign. Plus, no actual college attendance is necessary since degrees can be readily purchased. For real, just work hard and offer great products at great prices while it lasts. After all, nobody is guaranteed tomorrow...(see life insurance brochures to verify).

They should start by eliminating foreign aid(especially to countries that would love to blow us off the map), and put that money into Medicare!!! :yes:

Er.... Look it up - less than 1% of the budget goes to foreign aid. Our military offense is much more and we don't do a good job of taking care of our kids when they come back blown up or screwed in the head. Somehow the balanced budget hawks were MIA once the orange one floated giving them a tax cut.

Er.... Look it up - less than 1% of the budget goes to foreign aid. Our military offense is much more and we don't do a good job of taking care of our kids when they come back blown up or screwed in the head. Somehow the balanced budget hawks were MIA once the orange one floated giving them a tax cut.
Yeah yeah yeah, but if you want to live within your means, you have to start cutting unnecessary things out of your budget. Small amounts add up. I'd rather have a strong military as China plans to take over the world and Russia seems to be rebuilding.

Let's take care of our own 1st. :yes:

I listened to ehealth conf call today. Instead of M4A , it will be more like "Medicare for more", with age 62 eligibility and ACA option. They had 60k Medicare apps in 1st qtr, some 80% increase YOY. Stock is on fire

Yeah yeah yeah, but if you want to live within your means, you have to start cutting unnecessary things out of your budget. Small amounts add up. I'd rather have a strong military as China plans to take over the world and Russia seems to be rebuilding.

Let's take care of our own 1st. :yes:

Congress ain't gonna live within means. Stole tax money and still spent what they were paid to spend. Military contracts are big business and the main reason we arm the world. Send poor people to kill other poor people and the people making the money aren't sending their kids.

Business isn't the 0 sum game that the Orange Whale thief in chief thinks it is. Henry Ford didn't pay his workers well out of the goodness of his heart. He did it so they'd be able to afford cars.

I've been to poor places and no business can be done there because no one has money to buy anything. You have to infuse capital so they have money and something to work on. Then they can be sold stuff. The problem is when the people with the capital keep all the money and cash stops flowing.

I call it the Janice theorem - freedom's just another word for nothin left to loose. Just France what happens when people don't have anything - let them eat cake. Money has to flow and people need to get what they think is enough.

Back