Congress Has the Solution to Healthcare!!!

junkman

Guru
100+ Post Club
https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/healthcare/plan-information/plans/2017/state/tn

I don't know why we didn't think of this!!! All we need to do is have everyone that meets the income requirements of ACA enroll in the same plan that members of Congress have access to.

I went down this path because I'm email buddies with our horrible Congress(MAN) Diane Black. Actually, just one of the many receiving her worthless, self-serving email promotions. Anyway, it's so simple. I could have my entire family covered on the HDHP plan for less than $300/month. I'm all in on that one and don't even care about the skimpy commission it's paying (actually $0 which exactly matches the competing carriers in the state). What a deal!!!!

Get the Donald in there and bring on the repeal!!!!! Pinche Trump!!

Per the ACA, members of congress and their employees and dependents are required to get their insurance through the Washington DC SHOP. They are not on the Federal Health Benefits program plans you linked to.

https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/affordable-care-act/

OK, then they don't have a solution. I note their premium portion is between 30 & 35% of total for EE only or Fam which is a higher employer contribution than I've seen recently.

I think the objective should be to figure out how we as a country are going to have healthcare delivered and paid for instead of simply throwing stones saying "repeal". We know that the system isn't working. It hasn't been for a long time.

Maybe the reverse idea is better. Have Trump repeal the special rule that gives Congress the ability to enroll in SHOP. Make them enroll in the same on-exchange or off-exchange market that the rest of America has. Make them enroll in that market in their state, not in Washington DC. Make them feel the pain of the markets in their own states. After all, it's a farce to say they are eligible for SHOP. SHOP is for employers with less than 50 employees, and they mangled the rules in order to make an exception for Congress. I remember them crying that there would be a "brain drain" as good employees left them in order to get more affordable coverage, but apparently they didn't care that employers all over the nation were facing the same problem. Congress needs a little skin in the game. Then they will care a little more about what happens to families all over the USA.

Back