Considering an agency/owner opportunity with Farm Bureau of Michigan

May 14, 2019 at 8:18 PM

1. Travelman77

Travelman77 New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Hello,
    I am in the final stages of the decision process with Farm Bureau of MI. I’ve met with AAA, Allstate, and Farmers, but Farm Bureau seems to have the best contract, business model, support, and training. I know you have to sell a lot of life insurance to make it with them which I’m comfortable with. Can anyone share an experience? I don’t have a huge natural market and I’m coming from outside the insurance agency. I do have well above average work ethic, organizational skills, relationship building skills, and sales experience. Thanks!

2. Allen Trent

Allen Trent Guru

As crazy as this may sound, the fact that you have not gotten a pile of negative responses to this post likely is very positive. If you post the same question saying you are planning to open an Allstate or Farmers agency, you will likely get a ton of negative responses as I have seen happen before. That may be more about those 2 carriers being National publicly traded stock

3. EugeneM

EugeneM Guru

State:
    California
    I hear they give extensive sales training. The few that I talked to knew what they where doing. Never heard anything bad.

EugeneM, May 17, 2019 at 7:28 PM