Considering getting into the insurance industry, need advice/direction!!

Re: Considering getting into the insurance industry, need advice/

Wish you lived in the state of Illinois? Would love to have you! Your network and your ability to generate leads will be key in your process. Tally them up before you take the plunge... Hope it all works out!

www.askewins.com

Check the licensing on Sagicor for the State you are selling in first, they are an offshore company (Bahamas or Bermuda).. they need to be licensed in the States you are selling in

keep your attitude positive is the best piece of advice i can give you
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
i think it is a companies expense to pay for the background check, if they want you bad enough, they can pay for it, and if they have gone far enough to look at your background they should pay for the background check
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Farmers has a lot more markets if that is what you are after. if you get in on the investment side, State Farm only sells there funds and Farmers has a big broker dealer. If you cant get it written thru State Farm you are dead in the water, farmers has agreements with other companies to broker with. no arrangements with outside entities with state farm

Last edited:

Hello all,
I am possibly looking at a career part-time or possibly full-time as a Life insurance agent because the Director of Sales from Sagicor Life approached me and wanted to sponsor me if I got my Life, Health and Variable Annuity license. Basically he told me I would be mainly doing 401k rollovers but that they had many other products that he puts clients in such as Fixed annuities, etc. He said I could make alot of money in this industry.

So what can I expect from the insurance industry? Any advice, heads up you guys can give me? Thanks

Jeff

Thanks GT350 for posing those questions. The answers have been very helpful. I also am thinking about getting into the Insurance Business part-time. Also . . .nice user name.

I am new to the life insurance industry, I got licensed 6 weeks ago. My background is also from the mortgage industry.
I have interviewed with AGLA, Liberty National, Sagicor, Hartford and Monumental Life.
Which of these companies are better from your point of view? In regards to training, stability, support and growth

Captive or Independent...that is the question. You will find advantages and disadvantages to both. You need to do a "pros and cons" list and see which comes out on top. The bottom line is that the insurance business is WORK! You always hear about guys making great incomes but it doesn't happen overnight. If it does happen overnight then they probably didn't last too long because they got complacent.
If you have never been in the business before, then the training piece should play a big role in your decision. You want to start your new career off on the right foot by being taught by a professional organization.

it all depends what company is a better fit, for you. what kind of insurance do you want to sell? use the search function and research the names and read.

The O/P started this thread over 3 years ago. He is now working as a greeter at the local Walmart! The latest advice came way too late.

bring back to life an old thread with such an awesome comment......gotta love it

Back