Considering running a debit

scottydb

I've been in the Life Ins industry for 1.5 years, with a captive company, LibNat. I am now considering taking a debit with AGLA.

I hear both ways about AGLA. Are any current AGLA agents finding it more difficult to get the app?

Any suggestions?

As my name implies, I am an old "home service" agent or debit agent. I started with AGLA. I also have experience with Liberty. All I have to say is yes, a debit is way better than LibNat. Way better. No comparison. This is only my opinion, and I'm biased, but go check it out and report back, you shall see....

I've been in the Life Ins industry for 1.5 years, with a captive company, LibNat. I am now considering taking a debit with AGLA.

I hear both ways about AGLA. Are any current AGLA agents finding it more difficult to get the app?

Any suggestions?

Stop being captive and go independant. Looks like you have been doing it long enough to know the business by now, so go independant.

BTW, how did you make it 1.5 years at libnat? Around here, the avg time frame is like 6 weeks! what a short life span- around here, for libnat agents. you probably have figured out how to sell in the 1.5 years, and mark is correct, going indy can be "liberating"... { see me working there? see the pun?}

I have seen my share of agents come and go since I have been with them.

I have considered going indy but I am going to be moving out of state in a year. Don't want to leave all the clients high and dry without an agent.

I am going to have a great opportunity to work with career agents who have been in the industry for 20+ years. (the most experienced agent I work with now has only 2 years in the industry) :twitchy:

Thanks for the input!!!

Around here, agla has one guy running a debit for a huge area. He has been there for years and never leaves, hence they never have hired. Back when I did it in 1991, we had many agents, all debit. Now they sort of have a bunch of career "ordinary agents"... and one or two debit guys running around servicing the clients, clients who did not convert over to bank draft or direct mail. { a few years ago they decided to get rid of most of the debit books of business, but kept a few agents around to service the business} So, is this a once in a lifetime opportunity to get one of the coveted books, that is in short supply? If that is the case, I say go for it.

Back