Considering the Industry

DaneB

Hello everyone,

I have been employed in the insurance industry on Long Island, NY as a fraud investigator 15 years. Recently, an acquaintance who owns an insurance agency suggested that I get my license and come on board selling health/life/accident policies from a list of leads she would provide. She said outlook is good, but I wanted to get the opinions of veterans in this forum. I realize there are a lot of variables involved regarding how well a person will do in this industry, but wanted to get a rough idea what kind of an income a person can attain in their first 6 months to a year. I would appreciate any input/opinions any of you may have. This is obviously a very important decision for me. I have grown indifferent to working investigations and am very excited to begin something new and hopefully make a much better income for myself. I like meeting new people and believe I would be very happy with this endeavor.

Thank you in advance for your taking the time to read this post.

Dane

Hello everyone,

I have been employed in the insurance industry on Long Island, NY as a fraud investigator 15 years. Recently, an acquaintance who owns an insurance agency suggested that I get my license and come on board selling health/life/accident policies from a list of leads she would provide. She said outlook is good, but I wanted to get the opinions of veterans in this forum. I realize there are a lot of variables involved regarding how well a person will do in this industry, but wanted to get a rough idea what kind of an income a person can attain in their first 6 months to a year. I would appreciate any input/opinions any of you may have. This is obviously a very important decision for me. I have grown indifferent to working investigations and am very excited to begin something new and hopefully make a much better income for myself. I like meeting new people and believe I would be very happy with this endeavor.

Thank you in advance for your taking the time to read this post.

Dane

Welcome to the Forum. What's your best fraud story?:huh:

Back