Cont Life?

medsuptage

Guru
100+ Post Club
What the heck is up with these weirdos? :D

Cont-life used to approve apps in like a weekish, which was already like twice as slow as every other carrier.

I just gave em a call, they are 7-10 days behind, STARTING to underwrite apps.

I think they bit off more then they can chew.

I hope these growing pains don't last.

agree... they have been in this mode for 3 months... very frustrating. for a while they were saying it was because the moved, that excuse only worked for a month.... problem is: them, 125 plan f and next player 142

agree... they have been in this mode for 3 months... very frustrating. for a while they were saying it was because the moved, that excuse only worked for a month.... problem is: them, 125 plan f and next player 142

I'm in the exact same boat, it's either them

or take it on the chin comp wise with New Era. It's now worth it, I'll wait :D

Lot of problems with them now. They say it's not because of Aetna but I never had these probllems with them before and I did have these same problems with Aetna.

They are slow, slow, slow now. Part of that is because of the rate reductions and the overflow of business. Still no reason to be this slow.

They have also changed how they draft the first payment on med sups. They say it's not a change and not Aetna related and a long standing rule. Maybe it was but they did not apply it until Aetna entered the picture.

I have a med sup in underwriting now from a referral from this board. We did the phone interview at POS just to speed things up. I still made it effective for Sept 1 because I knew how slow they are now. This was 3 weeks ago.

Last weekend the app disappeared from my pending list. It wasn't on my issued list or decline list either.

On Mon this week it was still not on any list but when I entered the policy number the page came up with the comment "declined". I called AmCon and asked why it was declined and they said it was still in underwriting and should get a decision this week.

I told them about it disappearing from my pending list and now saying decline. They said that was a glitch in the system because ofmoving record from the Continental system to the Aetna system.

I'm out of town now and just checked the AmCon site to see if there is a decision. I can't find this lady listed anywhere there now.

Fortunately I did not call the lady and tell her she was declined when I saw that listed.

They were a favorite to deal with. I was concerned about Aetna coming in. Looks like for good reason.

Checked this morning, (Sat.}, and this application is now approved.

Last edited:
Just wait until the rate increases start.

You can't have the lowest rate
Pay full commissions on every age
Pay full commission on GI business
Pay full commission on under 65
Pay agents 22%

Mutual already learned this lesson

Just wait until the rate increases start.

You can't have the lowest rate
Pay full commissions on every age
Pay full commission on GI business
Pay full commission on under 65
Pay agents 22%

Mutual already learned this lesson

Where is the "like" button?

The same folks that bitch about MOO will be bitching about Continental by January.

As I recall they dropped rates 28% in Georgia. Not the lowest but close enough and when you factor in the commission all the whore agents jumped on this deal just like Aetna knew they would.

Enjoy!

somarco said:
Where is the "like" button?

The same folks that bitch about MOO will be bitching about Continental by January.

As I recall they dropped rates 28% in Georgia. Not the lowest but close enough and when you factor in the commission all the whore agents jumped on this deal just like Aetna knew they would.

Enjoy!

There is nothing wrong with being a whore agent... Rick is very good at what he does.

Agree with Maalox and Somarco.... eventually CLI/ACI will start getting hit by claims and will discover what MOO already figured out, That you can't correct actuarial errors with more business because it just compounds the problem.

I also understand as the agent you have to ride the wave when it comes so as long as they are in the mix I'd write them all day long too...

Latest posts

Back