Contact to Appt Ratio

Realistically you would be lucky if you can achieve 1 appointment per 100 contacts. 200 contacts per day would be a good activity goal.

Define what you mean by contact?
If by contact you mean a conversation that lasts over 2 minutes, the ratio will be MUCH better than if you mean a contact is anyone who answers the phone which will still be MUCH better then if you mean dials.

Truth is, ratios don't matter. Measure YOURS. Tweak something, see if it gets better or worse.

Dan

Realistically you would be lucky if you can achieve 1 appointment per 100 contacts. 200 contacts per day would be a good activity goal.

Also depends on what you are asking for. I set 1 in 4 contacts doing zero qualifying.

Hey everyone. I'm looking to find out some industry standards for what a typical cold call contact to appointment set ratio is. I'm calling residential for property casualty.

I know there are a ton of variables that will affect this. Season, time of day, skill of caller, script, luck etc... But what is a general ratio (like 20 contacts per 1 appointment) so I can measure my success?

I'm with a little-known multiline captive, calling a ListShack consumer list, using MoJo dialer triple line, mostly during normal hours. I'm saying something like:

Hey this is Mike with Farm Bureau Financial Services here in (city). We are one of the fastest growing auto and home insurance agencies in town. With our expansion, we're offering extra coverages and discounted rates. Are you interested in setting an appointment to take advantage of this?

The best cold call I ever received (IMHO) went like this:

Hi, this is _____ from Warner Ins, over here on 5th Street. We insure preferred homes and autos in the area and we'd like to be your insurance agency.

What would it take to make that happen?

I like this approach because it gives them a chance to think about, and tell you, exactly what they want. I decided to quiz the TM a little bit and she told me that she called for 2 hours, two days a week and usually got 7-10 requests for a quote per session.

I have a question, I am looking to increase my Yes's from calling a book of business. I am new to this agency an calling exisiting customers that have home and auto and informing them of financial services that I offer, such as life insurance.
I am basically saying

Hi, this is Janine from abc agency, and I was calling to see if you had a moment to take a quick survey to help us improve our agency, its 4 questions.
1) do you have life insurance
2) do you have retirement savings
3) are you satisfied with our agency
4) do you have a current email.

Out of a huge book and from calling 200 people so far, I received like 4 or maybe 6 people to agree.

Help, is their anything more brief and better that I can/should be saying to identify that they need life insurance.

Define what you mean by contact?
If by contact you mean a conversation that lasts over 2 minutes, the ratio will be MUCH better than if you mean a contact is anyone who answers the phone which will still be MUCH better then if you mean dials.

Truth is, ratios don't matter. Measure YOURS. Tweak something, see if it gets better or worse.
Dan

That's...no, I better not.....:twitchy:

I have a question, I am looking to increase my Yes's from calling a book of business. I am new to this agency an calling exisiting customers that have home and auto and informing them of financial services that I offer, such as life insurance.
I am basically saying

Hi, this is Janine from abc agency, and I was calling to see if you had a moment to take a quick survey to help us improve our agency, its 4 questions.

Out of a huge book and from calling 200 people so far, I received like 4 or maybe 6 people to agree.

Help, is their anything more brief and better that I can/should be saying to identify that they need life insurance.

As soon as you say survey, people assume its a sales call. Try the same thing, just approach it as:
'We need your help to improve our agency, can you spare 2 minutes to give me some feedback?'

Then work from there.

Dan

"Hi, this is Janine from abc agency, and I was calling to see if you had a moment to take a quick survey to help us improve our agency, its 4 questions.
I agree with Dan. People typically would like to "help" but they don't usually have time for a sales call. I would make these calls in conjunction with their birthday as usually people are receptive when you say "happy birthday".
I'm surprised only 4-6 out of 200 clients would talk to you. Perhaps you went too fast and were too "salesy".
Simply be cordial and ask for their help....taking only "a few minutes".
Instead of asking for their email (which you should have), you can also say you are doing a records update and want to verify some information. Then, you can ask those questions, such as, "You trust us to insure your home/auto, who is taking care of your life insurance?. Your 4 questions are Yes/No questions and you want them to answer you with something other than yes/no. Good Luck!

I really like this! I use my own 5 second pitch but always end it with a question like you do. I normally say "....and what would it take to earn ur business" and then I shut up!

The best cold call I ever received (IMHO) went like this:

Hi, this is _____ from Warner Ins, over here on 5th Street. We insure preferred homes and autos in the area and we'd like to be your insurance agency.

What would it take to make that happen?

I like this approach because it gives them a chance to think about, and tell you, exactly what they want. I decided to quiz the TM a little bit and she told me that she called for 2 hours, two days a week and usually got 7-10 requests for a quote per session.

Back