Contacting Former Clients After Non-compete Expires

awt001

Hi everyone!

I was a captive agent for over 21 years.

Last June (2013) I left for the other side. I went into a sales management position and learned enough to realize that after 21 years of being self employed that I do not deal well with being told how, when and where things will or will not happen.

My non compete with my previous company is up 6/30/2014 and I have contracted with an agency to go back into production.

Other than via phone, what other ways did any of you captive converts go about re-capturing your previous book?

Thanks in advance for the info!

AWT001

I agree. Just curious if there were any other ways agents got creative to increase that recapture %

I've heard recapture numbers are actually lower than most agents anticipate. I just want to gain as many as possible.

Thanks!

I would love to know how many even remember you. I'm sure length of relationship and number of touches will help with that and retaining them.

Hi everyone!

I was a captive agent for over 21 years.

Last June (2013) I left for the other side. I went into a sales management position and learned enough to realize that after 21 years of being self employed that I do not deal well with being told how, when and where things will or will not happen.

My non compete with my previous company is up 6/30/2014 and I have contracted with an agency to go back into production.

Other than via phone, what other ways did any of you captive converts go about re-capturing your previous book?

Thanks in advance for the info!

AWT001

I would send short emails letting them know your new contact info was in the signature like below and your Website, Facebook Twitter or what ever is X_____here also to look out for a letter with your card included. Mail and follow up with a call to answer any questions. Now thw calls can be very time consuming so that is some thing you could hire out. I had my daughter do that 20 years ago for me. If this is life have her ask some specific needs questions.

Just my two cents.

----------

I would love to know how many even remember you. I'm sure length of relationship and number of touches will help with that and retaining them.

True, but some one will call them might as well be him.

I never said not to call. In fact, I need him to call. How else can I find out how many remembered him? :biggrin:

a Looong time ago I hired my daughter to start calling my book to just touch base and ask a few simple service questions. She did not get past the first drawer or two before we were flooded with business.

a Looong time ago I hired my daughter to start calling my book to just touch base and ask a few simple service questions. She did not get past the first drawer or two before we were flooded with business.

And you learned that lesson very well....

I would probably send them a snail mail letter, letting them know of the change in your situation and that you'll be calling.

Back