Contemplating US Health Group

njc

I was recently downsized from the platics industry and interviewed with an insurance company yesterday called USHeatlhGroup. I currently don't have a liscense so they are asking me to apply for one through their website and pay $175 for the PA state liscense, and suggest that I attend a coaching school for $199.

Does anyone know about this company and does this sound legitimate? I don't know anything about selling insurance but they seem to target this profile for sales.:skeptical:

Re: Contemplating US Heatlh Group

Thanks joshril! I don't see them listed as a liscensed company. I better look into this further.

They're a holding company in TX with two subsidiaries, one of which is "Freedom Life", the other I can't remember.

I would not go anywhere near them. Find a reputable company that has an A rating. Freedom life has had more names and owners than is believable. Their plans are not very good at all when you compare price and benefits.

I went to a interview for US Health group in July. I was not impressed with what they had to offer. They have some mediocre products. They are also a captive company and you wont be able to offer anything but their products. Working for US Health will be like working for Combined, AFLAC and the rest of the insurance companies that go business to business for sales.

I was with them for a couple of years. They "fired" me because they wanted captive agents. That wasn't the way they were in the beginging. I guess the rates have gone up since I left. They had a pretty good HSA. Their underwriting was superb. If I get an app in on Monday, it was usually issued by Friday. The upper management was a bunch of dorks (in my opinion.) The Regional Manager that I had was excellent, and isn't there anymore. Everyone that was somebody has left.

I have noticed on the Farm and Ranch website that the US Health Group logo in on their website I don't know that means... It looks like Farm and Ranch has recently added World, Imerica, GTL... Perhaps they are trying to finally break away from UA? Who knows..

Anyway take that for what it is worth, I don't have the Farm and Ranch website off the top of my head, so if you google Farm and Ranch Healthcare I am sure you will be directed to their website..

I interviewed with them as well. Seemed like an OK opportunity if things panned out like they said it would. Supposedly you get telemarketed leads and you get to listen to the recording the lead had with the marketer. And they had a good rate on the HSA. But the product line you were selling was extremely limited. But that will be the case anywhere as a captive.

Ultimately it felt like a too good to be true kind of offer. If it were that great an opportunity, why are they advertising for new agents every week on Career Builder? I could not find any captive success stories with them online. So I passed.

Back