Content writing

Sorry! I wasn't very clear on my question. Which I why I don't write articles. ;)

My question is: Can I send this article to an Upwork writer and say "I want an article on this subject for my newsletter". Is that enough or would they need more info?

That's probably enough. They'll likely ask any questions they have to clarify, such as the tone of voice you want. Ex: are you OK with humor occasionally, or do you want it to be more serious? That type of thing. Also, make sure you tell them your audience if it's not already clear. Who will end up reading this? That always helps.

From your link . . .

". Many lawmakers didn't know this was coming, either."

Apparently they had to pass the law in order to know what was in it . . .

"Drug companies would be responsible for 70% of the costs instead of 50% — a move that would cost drug companies billions of dollars."

No worries. Just means higher premiums and copay's for beneficiaries.

That was going to happen anyway. Now it will happen sooner and have more cost shifting. Or as the folks in DC like to say, more shared responsibility.

Hijacking this a little.

I was talking to a good friend that is a drug rep last night. He was asking if I knew anyone or any good resources to explain PBMs. Apparently the doctors are asking them and what the company produces is extremely confusing.

So, does anyone know of a good resource that explains PBMs so they can better explain it to the doctors? Like most patients, they just see the name on the card and don't realize the difference in formularies or that the two plans may even have a different PBM.

Obama. Or Trump. It's complicated. ;)

PBMs operate under a layer of secrecy. I didn't sign anything when I left, but a lot of employees are now required to sign non-disclosure agreements upon hiring.

I don't think they want PBM info as much as they want insurance info. And those questions should be directed to provider relations at the carriers.

My doc (who I love) told my mom that Medicare didn't cover Ambien. My mom runs Part D lists for me and had to tell her "I don't think you are getting accurate info. Ambien is covered under Part D.".

Docs knowledge of drugs, the industry and ability to obtain information completely relies on the drug reps. And the drug reps are kept in the dark on PBM information by their employers.

Its complicated.

Hijacking this a little.

I was talking to a good friend that is a drug rep last night. He was asking if I knew anyone or any good resources to explain PBMs. Apparently the doctors are asking them and what the company produces is extremely confusing.

So, does anyone know of a good resource that explains PBMs so they can better explain it to the doctors? Like most patients, they just see the name on the card and don't realize the difference in formularies or that the two plans may even have a different PBM.
How about kgmom219. :yes:

Obama. Or Trump. It's complicated. ;)

PBMs operate under a layer of secrecy. I didn't sign anything when I left, but a lot of employees are now required to sign non-disclosure agreements upon hiring.

I don't think they want PBM info as much as they want insurance info. And those questions should be directed to provider relations at the carriers.

My doc (who I love) told my mom that Medicare didn't cover Ambien. My mom runs Part D lists for me and had to tell her "I don't think you are getting accurate info. Ambien is covered under Part D.".

Docs knowledge of drugs, the industry and ability to obtain information completely relies on the drug reps. And the drug reps are kept in the dark on PBM information by their employers.

Its complicated.

He wants to help them. But obviously his knowledge is limited and what he gets from his employer is confusing. The docs want to help their patients as well, but people are only going to spend so much time chasing down why this drug was covered and this one wasn't.

Is there a good online resource he can look at to help explain it all?

He wants to help them. But obviously his knowledge is limited and what he gets from his employer is confusing. The docs want to help their patients as well, but people are only going to spend so much time chasing down why this drug was covered and this one wasn't.

Is there a good online resource he can look at to help explain it all?

Not that I am aware of.

To be fair, that's not something I am going to look for, either.

for your own personal use, if you use the search function for PBM posts by her username, you will find a variety of pieces of information she has provided on that topic over the last 18 months. It is not an orderly "executive summary", but there is enough information to be helpful to an interested person willing to do some work to get it.

Back