Continental Life Changed Their Application.

medsuptage

Guru
100+ Post Club
The application for their Medicare supplement has changed in several states and they are no longer accepting the old one after the 15th of August from my understanding. I didn't receive any notification about this, I actually found out by accident. So unless I over looked something which is definitely possible, I'd imagine they didn't send out a notification.

I am still waiting on a confirmation of whether the old app has to be signed by the 15th or received by the 15th and I'll update as soon as I get that answer, but my guess is, received by the 15th is the cut off.

So just a heads up if you have the old applications floating about, get them back by next Thursday just to be safe.

- I Just received confirmation, any of the old applications must be received by the 15th of August, in order for them to be processed.

Last edited:
It's the identical application except they set it up like Forethought's application where you can have dual applicants on one application. There's double everything for applicants A and applicants B

Assuming it's the same as American Continental's new app one other thing that changed is the question about wet macular degeneration with injections. The very first app I was writing I got to that question and they had to answer yes so went to a different company. Couldn't believe it when I compared apps and that is the 1 thing that changed and they just happen to have that going on right now.

The application for their Medicare supplement has changed in several states and they are no longer accepting the old one after the 15th of August from my understanding. I didn't receive any notification about this, I actually found out by accident. So unless I over looked something which is definitely possible, I'd imagine they didn't send out a notification.

I am still waiting on a confirmation of whether the old app has to be signed by the 15th or received by the 15th and I'll update as soon as I get that answer, but my guess is, received by the 15th is the cut off.

So just a heads up if you have the old applications floating about, get them back by next Thursday just to be safe.

- I Just received confirmation, any of the old applications must be received by the 15th of August, in order for them to be processed.

The notice of the app change was sent out by email 7/9 with the household discount announcement in affected states. From 7/15 to 8/15 both apps accepted. Then only the new app. From the announcement:

"The transition period ends August 15, 2013: new business received that uses the existing (single) application form after August 15, 2013 will be returned to the agent and WILL NOT be processed."

So it's received date, not signature date, as it looks like you've also discovered. It's mostly the same app with applicant A and B sections. Addition is place to request initial and recurring draft dates not in the single app being phased out. Small change in medical questions.

Back