Contracted MA Plan Didn't Receive Copy of AHIP

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
I just noticed that one of my longtime contracts has not paid me any renewals this year. I did complete the Certification, but they never received copy of my AHIP, so they termed me. It is the ONLY one that does not provide the handy link on annual AHIP page, so it must be faxed or e-mailed. It slipped by me that I had not submitted it. Am I screwed?!!! I'm trying to fix it now.

You should be able to show the date that it was completed. If it does, maybe they'll go back and fix it. I have my doubts though!

You should be able to show the date that it was completed. If it does, maybe they'll go back and fix it. I have my doubts though!

Thanks. They told me that they would reinstate after I showed them the completed AHIP that I had already faxed to them back in August, 2016. She hasn't answered me back about the unpaid renewal commissions yet.

Thanks. They told me that they would reinstate after I showed them the completed AHIP that I had already faxed to them back in August, 2016. She hasn't answered me back about the unpaid renewal commissions yet.

Wait a minute! You just said in the 1st post that you didn't send it to them. :cool:

Out of curiosity, which carrier is this for?

Many companies require proof of AHIP prior to completing their specific certifications.

I would think that if you completed the carriers required certifications prior to 2017 (unless they have a specific cut-off date) and have proof of the AHIP being completed prior to 2017 there might be a case to recover lost commissions.

Without proof of completing the carrier certs and AHIP prior to 2017 it could be very difficult to try and recover the lost commissions.

Back