Contracting Paperwork

WPM

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm in the process of getting appointed with a carrier and they are asking for premium, persistency, volume and commission information for every company that I've been appointed with for the last 5 years. All of this information must be verified in writing .

I'm just asking for a street level contract. Are they asking for too much information?

I'm in the process of getting appointed with a carrier and they are asking for premium, persistency, volume and commission information for every company that I've been appointed with for the last 5 years. All of this information must be verified in writing .

I'm just asking for a street level contract. Are they asking for too much information?

Obviously they don't think so, and THEY make the rules if you want to write for them.

Who is the carrier?

What kind of insurance?

I have things pretty well organized and it would be somewhat difficult for me to come up with those figures for the last five years.

Yes, I think they are asking for way too much information.

What kind of insurance?

I have things pretty well organized and it would be somewhat difficult for me to come up with those figures for the last five years.

Yes, I think they are asking for way too much information.

Life.

I'm with you in that it seems like a lot of hassle. I could understand if I was asking for a huge contract based on massive production - but all I want is street level.

WPM,

Having read your post on another forum on the same subject, I can tell you that the same carrier did deny contracting with me due to lack of production. This was a couple of years ago.

I wouldn't worry about it. Find another carrier to contract with. I have three (plus a local brokerage agency) and I can't be happier.

(For the record, I'm contracted with Ohio National, American National and MassMutual.)

WPM,

Having read your post on another forum on the same subject, I can tell you that the same carrier did deny contracting with me due to lack of production. This was a couple of years ago.

I wouldn't worry about it. Find another carrier to contract with. I have three (plus a local brokerage agency) and I can't be happier.

(For the record, I'm contracted with Ohio National, American National and MassMutual.)

Thanks. I'm going to send in my best "swag" of my numbers and see where it goes. I am drawn more to the marketing firm than the carrier, but this company is primarily who they use. If they don't like my paperwork, then I'll just keep doing what I am doing.

I've never had a carrier who was difficult to contract with before - but my metro area has about 300k people and they have exactly 1 agent appointed here, so maybe they are "selective."

If you're looking to appoint directly with a carrier, they aren't asking for too much info. They would rather have you submit your biz through an IMO if your production doesn't warrant the carrier to do all of the heavy lifting.

Depending on the carrier, you will probably find an IMO that can get you appointed and pay you more than street regardless of production.

There are a bunch of us on here and I'm sure any of us would be happy to help you.

Back