Contracting with Midland

Not that I know of. If you are not doing a lot of business with them then I would go with North American. Same life products pretty close annuity products.

Because midland operates on a regional director system. North American operates under an imo system. Any time you're under a regional director you're expected to do more business as it's usually a smaller company with more one on one interaction with the rd who will usually be calling you. An imo with North American shields you from any production requirements.. That's the nice part of being under an IMO.It allows you to have many companies with no production requirements. So you're free to do what you want.

No.

Going direct is for people that, imo, are putting 20 plus cases a year with that company.

I would have to disagree with that. As long as you place one a year Midland will keep you on. Ive heard that they wont drop in many states until after 3 or 4 years of non-production... no experience with that though, just going on others experiences. But I have had other direct contracts keep me on after a year of non production. Obviously they would prefer that you produce often, but I dont know of any production requirements with Midland.

And Midland Annuities are different than NA. There are a few products that are "sister" products. But Midland has unique annuities that NA does not offer. They also have different (higher usually) caps/payouts/etc.

Back