Contracting with Orher Carriers

I am currently contracted with an IMO ... Low payouts, but they are giving me cheap leads ... My question is, if I were to get contracted directly with Midland, would they know? I don't want to rock the boat where I am at, but I am interested in getting a higher payout on my self generated leads.

IMOs don't care who else you are contracted with. What they DO care about, is that if they provide you leads, that you are selling those leads the products you are contracted with the IMO to provide.

Unless you are "captive" to this "IMO", which would be a contradiction. (The 'I' in IMO stands for independent).

I am currently contracted with an IMO ... Low payouts, but they are giving me cheap leads ... My question is, if I were to get contracted directly with Midland, would they know? I don't want to rock the boat where I am at, but I am interested in getting a higher payout on my self generated leads.

While you may not be technically captive they very well may feel that you are if they are feeding you leads. And yes, they only need to check the DOI and see who you are contracted with. There are a lot of Independents that are not.

Thanks guys ... Yeah, I'm a straight up guy ... I don't plan on selling leads they provide through another carrier ... I am looking at other avenues of lead generation and would like an outlet that pays more than 70% for the self generated leads, but I also didn't want to ruffle any feathers

Thanks guys ... Yeah, I'm a straight up guy ... I don't plan on selling leads they provide through another carrier ... I am looking at other avenues of lead generation and would like an outlet that pays more than 70% for the self generated leads, but I also didn't want to ruffle any feathers

They may be fine with that, but they also may not believe you are not selling their subsidized leads somewhere else. I would be prepared for both.

I like being as Independent as I can be. But it has a cost.

I found this definition of Independent

Just the first five say it pretty well.

1. not influenced or controlled by others in matters of opinion, conduct, etc.; thinking or acting for oneself:
an independent thinker.

2. not subject to another's authority or jurisdiction; autonomous; free:
an independent businessman.

3. not influenced by the thought or action of others:
independent research.

4. not dependent; not depending or contingent upon something else for existence, operation, etc.

5. not relying on another or others for aid or support.

Independent | Define Independent at Dictionary.com

They may be fine with that, but they also may not believe you are not selling their subsidized leads somewhere else. I would be prepared for both.

I like being as Independent as I can be. But it has a cost.

I found this definition of Independent

Just the first five say it pretty well.

1. not influenced or controlled by others in matters of opinion, conduct, etc.; thinking or acting for oneself:
an independent thinker.

2. not subject to another's authority or jurisdiction; autonomous; free:
an independent businessman.

3. not influenced by the thought or action of others:
independent research.

4. not dependent; not depending or contingent upon something else for existence, operation, etc.

5. not relying on another or others for aid or support.

Points 4 and 5....preach!

Back