Contractor final invoice higher than insurance claim

northstar7

We had hail damage to our home and so we initiated an insurance claim. The insurance approved our roof, gutters and siding. The contractor and I signed a contract and he replaced the same. After all the work was completed, the contractor send a certificate of completion with final invoice 10k higher than insurance approval. He claims insurance missed few necessary things required by law but didn’t get approval prior to completing the work. The insurance declined his supplemental as they claim they have paid appropriately. The insurance send me the final depreciation amount and I contacted the contractor who declined the amount and said to hire a public adjuster. I don’t feel like I wanna go that route as I feel he should have got all the approvals prior to the work. Would I be responsible for the additional 10k towards the contractor even if we had signed contract. He never told me about the additional
Amount until he send the final invoice and I feel he is giving me a run around.

The contractor is a fool in the age of the internet. The old adage of tell 10 people is now tell thousands through a post on HIS website, HIS facebook, or YELP. His added charges without approval are on him and you deserve an explanation of how and why his contract with you has been broken by him. Counter sue for duress.

Back