Contractor is billing my insurance for work that I actually did, not them.

So I recently had water damage to my home. Turns out it is bad grout job in upstairs shower. I called my insurance and due to COVID and other issues in my area going on it was taking a while to get a plumber and water mitigation company out here. I went ahead and cut drywall myself and pulled out the wet insulation. I noticed the invoice the water mitigation company sent ot my insurance they were billing for drywall cut, insulation being pulled, covering floor with plastic and cardboard, and covering furniture with plastic. They did not do any of this. Basically all they did was straighten out the cut I made sit was square (about 12"x2ft), they picked up the garbage bag full of drywall I cut and took the 4ft section of insulation I pulled. They also used my ladder and my drywall cutting knife. Oh they did leave the dehumidifiers and blowers. They did not wear booties or cover any part of the floor or furniture.

Would it be worth letting my insurance know? What could or should happen. Also, my deductible is paid and the insurance already paid out for what the contractor billed. I did not see the contractors bill on my insurance website till after the fact. That is why I am asking if there is anything I can or should do. I have pics of what it looked like before they showed up and also video on my ring of what they brought in and what they left with as proof.

Back