Converted School Bus coverage

Not sure if any carrier will accept something that has been converted from a different use, especially if modifications have been made to structure of the bus. Has the state inspected the bus and certified it as road worthy?

If it has been converted & not still in the process of conversion, State Farm has insured them traditionally. Progressive also has a program on a commercial BAP program

Not sure if any carrier will accept something that has been converted from a different use, especially if modifications have been made to structure of the bus. Has the state inspected the bus and certified it as road worthy?

Thanks! But I see these things on Facebook and on Instagram...somebody is insuring them..or are these people just taking a chance? I have a friend who's husband is working on one right now which is what prompted this question

Is it driven regularlly and a relatively current model year or is it potentially old enough to qualify as an antique?
It is not old enough for a antique..but it is not new either..it is like right in between. The husband is doing all the work...which from what I understand may be an issue

In NC I work with National General for RV's and I know they'll accept a school bus conversion (with a lot of caveats and documentation needed.) Best bet is to visit an independent agent in your area to see what they can offer. This won't be a cookie-cutter RV policy.

I had a client with an ambulance that was converted to an RV that he towed his race car with and stayed in when he went racing. 3 carriers all said no in CA. State Farm did write it on personal policy paper. Really shocked progressive would not put in their RV program.

Back