Corente Insurance Lead Program

M

Mike_Golden1

My lead program with Corente on a sour note. After paying for 45 leads (about $720) and having a really difficult time finding people who could (1) afford even $50 a month for insurance and (2) be healthy enough to qualify, I got a call from the owner asking me why I wasn't writing any business (I had written 1 policy out of 28 leads but had only gotten in front of 5 and still had 17 open). I started explaining the issues and he didn't want to hear it and wanted me to role play with him on the telephone script. I don't need help with a telephone script so told him I was using the script and it was the end of a long day. He then told me there would be no more leads and he would just refund the remainder of my original payment (I haven't seen the refund yet). He also mentioned another agent had started in the same area as me and was kicking butt so I'm wondering if he is double dipping leads.

So, if you are thinking of trying them out, take my advice and...DON'T

I had a similar experience. I bought 45 leads and I was never able to contact many of them. I called immediately and repeatedly after receiving them but often there was no answer. I only managed to make a a few sales and wasn't offered any other leads by Corente.

I was in Northern CA which was very competitive with several agencies operating aggressively. This likely diluted all leads. Corente had been around for a long time so I imagine that success with them depended on your market. Insurance Wholesalers was another top agency in CA--but that is another story...

I can remember yet another agency (Leadmasters I believe) that wouldn't touch Northern CA with a ten-foot pole. They wanted to contract me but for leads they sent me a list of third-party firms. I found it very expensive with a poor response to do my own mailers.

Anyway, your post brought me out of lurking for almost a year. I was only in the biz for a couple of years but I have stories to tell about a lot of different agencies. It is very enjoyable to read this forum and hear other stories.

By the way if anyone is in Northern CA with a Life Lic. check out AAA. Apparently they are offering a salary+commission with other benefits to sell life insurance.

I still have a year left on my license although I have moved on to managing the Technology department of a credit union (my degree was in comp sci). Even so I'm still in contact with more than a few of my clients as I maintained my old 800 number. I get calls from them for advice and it feels good to know that I did do some good although the insurance industry didn't work out for me as a new career. I've still been thinking of keeping my license and just doing it on the side as opportunities arise. It would also help with my taxes.

marc s.

[/quote]

Re: Corente Insurance Lead Program-Stay Away

You need to be an experienced and actually a working agent to have success with the leads under this program. The leads are awesome if you listen and use the training Corente gives out. I've had great success with Corente leads thus far, but I listened and used what Corente taught.

You need to be an experienced and actually a working agent to have success with the leads under this program. The leads are awesome if you listen and use the training Corente gives out. I've had great success with Corente leads thus far, but I listened and used what Corente taught.

Another country heard from..in RED no less! And who are you?

I don't know diddly about "Corente" other than I think there's an NFL referee with that name as I recall.

By far the biggest complaints on this board are about leads, and lead providers. You'd think by now people would have wised up and realized...

...you've got to generate your own!

Otherwise, your business is at the mercy of the lead vendors.

PS-Wonder what ever happened to Mike Golden1...

He is still around. He just purchased a campaign from me last week and is selling health. Talked to him today. Good guy!
www,marketingcampaignsolutions.com

In reality, how many ways are there to sell mortgage protection insurance?

What training is Corente giving out?

I have personally had a great experience with Corente Insurance! The entire office staff are always helpful and professional! They will go above and beyond to help you if you show them that you really want to succeed instead of whining and complaining! There are no perfect lead programs! Your success depends on your determination to succeed in this business! It's a numbers game and the more you try the better you will be. Personality counts alot in this business, you either have it or you don't! So stop blaming "the leads" on your sales success. Corente has a great training program, but you must listen and learn! The insurance sales business is not "instant pudding", but one that needs constant stirring and cooking to produce the end result!

Latest posts

Back