Cornerstone Senior Services good/bad?

They charge you back if the company gets charged back. They re an agency and they represent several companies. What else is there?

In this industry, it's really easy to get confused:

Cornerstone Senior Services IS NOT affiliated with MegaLife. There is another company called Cornerstone America/HealthMarkets which IS affiliated with MegaLife. These two organizations are NOT the same. I will tell you what I know about CSS-

CSS is affiliated with reputable and well known carriers (for an up to date list look their website up on Google and you will see names you recognize) and has both an agency and a brokerage division (brokers maintain their independence but pay for leads). CSS agents are highly qualified and very well trained. They place a great deal of emphasis on doing right by the customer and are really picky about who they hire or do business with (as well they should be). They do not make their agents pay for leads and they treat their top performers extremely well. The leads are of "good" quality- meaning the people have expressed a genuine interest in the product- they aren't the fabled "Buyer's List" but they are about as close as you can reasonably get. The leadership consists of industry veterans and they tend to only hire those with a strong insurance, sales, or financial services background- they only pick people they believe WILL make it. CSS really takes time to make sure you are trained correctly and understand the products you are working with. They provide marketing materials and everything else an agent needs free of charge and go out of their way to assist agents with professional networking so they can conduct seminars, set up events, and reach people who need help at no cost to the agent (you do need to pay to be properly licensed and insured- not really a big deal if you've been in the industry anyways. From what I know they charge back on bad business like everyone else does- if you don't like charge backs, don't take an advance, problem solved)... that is the whole story.

If you are researching companies (always a good idea) I personally always check sites like RipOff Report and PissedConsumer as these are a good place to start. I am legally limited in the advice I can offer and I will not bash other companies as a matter of professional courtesy- similarly, I cannot divulge the source of my knowledge or affiliation other than to say it is reliable.

TL;DR... the leadership, location, and products CSS and CA/HM offer are very different. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME COMPANY.

i have experience with this group. if you are new and need mentoring/guidance then it may be worth while. realize that they are taking their cut. they advertise a lead program but are mainly handing out old leads that are picked over by the area manager. they will barely put any skin in the game for you but constantly bother you about expected activity levels.

i think it's better to pay and control for your own lead flow. work for a group that allows street level contracts and keeps you independent.

Back