Cost Cutting Thread- Use This Thread to Compare Services

infoe

Guru
100+ Post Club
I know we have a cost cutting thread currently underway, but I thought this would be a good thread for agents to ask between different services or report on switches they made in their office that helped...we could pass the information forward.
I'll start.
received a $120 bonus offer for stamps.com in my order of ink toner (subject of another question) today and was wondering if people have switched from
pitney bowes to stamps.com or vice versa..what they saved and how much.

I'm also curious about switching over to fully electronic faxing..it's funny because I pay $10 a month to use "myfax" and receive faxes electronically (straight to shared folder email) but I still pay $45 for one fax phone line (on voip for phone lines) and I have 3 fax machines spread out through out the office to send outbound faxes from that one line. Sometimes we send 10-15 page faxes and wonder how efficient it would be to scan those docs in and then fax through the program. I think part of the reluctancy is that I spent $100 on a nice fax machine and then I sprung for the all in one devices for the other two stations that would do copy/faxing/scanning and printing.

your concerned with the $100 you spent on the fax machine, but spend $45 a month to use the fax? kinda makes ya go HMMMMMMM

I use rapidfax, $7.95 a month and love it, I can print things to my desktop and attach it for the fax. Best part, every fax that comes in and goes out is time and date stamped with confirmation that it goes thru. ever lose a fax? well, its in my email, love that!

I had a vonage phone once, the fax sucks on VIOP....not what it is designed for.

My problem with stamps.com is that the blank stamps are expensive. Plus you have a monthly fee...

I use dymo stamps. My twin turbo label printer has a roll of blank stamps in one side, address labels in the other. I print the address label, put it on the envelope, reach in my drawer, and pull out a regular stamp that I bought at the post office. I only use the 'stamp machine' when it is a strange postage, which happens a bit for me.

Seriously, I found out printing stamps was a huge overhead.

Yes, I even have a Hasler Postage meter that I use for bulk mail. I'm getting rid of that though, I quit sending out bulk mail a while ago.

Dan

Back