Costco?

jacodaro

Expert
Arizona
Just had an appt cancel as she is looking into this. UHC product offered to executive members only. Can't find anything about the plan except that there is a premium discount. I'm in AZ.

No comments?
I'm going by Costco today for info.
Costco accepts lower commission and cuts the broker/agent out of the loop.

How can they accept lower commission? Or more importantly, how can they offer the same plan for a different premium? I thought all states were pretty universal in the fact the premium is the premium is the premium, no rebating or discounting.

Of course, they may have a separate plan that is a 'Costco' plan, that can only be sold by associations with over 100,000 members, etc, etc, etc, where the carrier gives a break because the commission is lower. They would still need a licensed agent to be selling it.

Dan

Products offered by Costco, Sams, AARP, eHealthinsurance, etc are the same product sold by agents. If your client wants to buy from Costco then you have not convinced them of your worth as a broker.

Products offered by Costco, Sams, AARP, eHealthinsurance, etc are the same product sold by agents. If your client wants to buy from Costco then you have not convinced them of your worth as a broker.
The first part of this is not true. There is an exclusive product for Costo members which can be sold by agents at a reduced commission. There is one general agency that has the arrangement - sort of like AARP did with UHC for the med supp. You can write it but I think it pays 5% (in Calif).

That being said, it's no better than what you can get elsewhere.

Rick

It's an old Pacificare product, and it's hard to find a more expensive plan than a Pacificare plan.

I was misinformed. Costco/Pacificare product is a pilot program only available in Ca.
Went and wrote the deal and used BCBS of AZ. Not high commission but the business sticks.

Back