Could Use Your Input....

NewHealthStrategies

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have been asked to give a presentation to a large group of PHO members (a PHO is a Physician Hospital Organization)... made up almost entirely of Physician Office's (staff and Doc's).... about the increase of "Consumer-Driven-Health" plans and how they will impact Doctor's offices.

I would like to include some quotes from some health "professionals" from around the country (HINT: That would be you guys/girls)[ok... most of you, anyway]

PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR INITIALS and WHERE YOU'RE LOCATED.... (i.e. B.S. from Kissimmee, FL)

Just respond with a prediction, statistic, quirp or statement about how YOU SEE HSA's, HRA's, High-Deductible Plans and the likes in the future and what impact they might/will have on a physician practice (i.e. people calling and asking how much is an "office visit" or suggesting the Doc's start getting a contract with Bada-Bing collection associates).

Thanks for your help....

I'm the only guy in the country that thinks HSA's and consumer driven health care will be the HMO of 2003. People don't like them for the most part. The doctor does not cooperate with the claim filing and negotiated rate that is promised.

All that is really happening is that American's are being sold less coverage and told that its a better deal because its affordable. Its really a stupid deal.

"Hey, but this plan, it covers the major stuff, and costs less, How many times have you been to the doctor anyways?"

Trouble is, most of what people use health plan wise is the doctor visits and prescript coverage.

but then again, I am the only guy that will give you that opinion.

I'm the only guy in the country that thinks HSA's and consumer driven health care will be the HMO of 2003. People don't like them for the most part. The doctor does not cooperate with the claim filing and negotiated rate that is promised.quote]

I actually agree with you. My premise is that you can like/dislike HDHP's all you'd like and argue their efficacy, but THIS is the way that healthcare will be financed/paid for for the foreseable future.

Adoption rates of HSA's exceed the adoption rates of 401k's when they were first introduced and FAR outpace the adoption rate of HMO's. When the market hits 20% penetration in health insurance it moves into hyperspeed, as far as the adoption rate goes... which we'll breach soon.

We are simply moving health insurance from a wholesale environment to a retail one!

Thanks for responding.... I appreciate it very much.

Back