Coventry Advantra Preferred Cancellation Letter in Georgia?

sman

Guru
5000 Post Club
Just got off the phone with a client who is enrolled in the Advantra Preferred plan with Coventry. He lives in Cobb county. He stated he received a letter that his plan will not be renewing in 2015. The Summary of Benefits booklet, Medicare.gov and the Coventry website show the plan will be available for Cobb county.

Do any of the Georgia reps have clients who have received the same letter? Have you gotten clarification on it? It's impossible to talk with anyone at Coventry so wanted to check here first (I've actually been on hold for 15 minutes).

I have two clients on that plan. Both are in Dekalb County. Neither received that letter.

Last I heard, they were keeping the plan, and attaching a $19/mo premium to it. Then, for 2016, if there are not enough enrollees, they will cancel it then. The new Aetna plan coming out for 2015 mirrors this plan, without the $19 monthly premium, and with lower PCP and other copays.

Call Larry Carter. No one else returns calls. His number is: 404-719-8236

Last edited:
I have two clients on that plan. Both are in Dekalb County. Neither received that letter.

Last I heard, they were keeping the plan, and attaching a $19/mo premium to it. Then, for 2016, if there are not enough enrollees, they will cancel it then. The new Aetna plan coming out for 2015 mirrors this plan, without the $19 monthly premium, and with lower PCP and other copays.

Call Larry Carter. No one else returns calls. His number is: 404-719-8236

Yes, I'm well aware of the benefits of the two plans. And this is for Cobb county. I have clients on Advantra Preferred in Cobb, Cherokee, Dekalb, Fulton, Fayette, Clayton, Gwinnett, Douglas, Henry, Chatham, Effingham and Muscogee counties. So far, this one couple are the only ones who've received the letter. Of course, I haven't spoken with every client yet. Hopefully this is an isolated incident.

Give Larry a call. He can get to the bottom of it for you.

Could it be they are yielding Cobb to PW, like other insurers are?

Ha! Larry's a great guy, but impossible to get in touch with right now. His voice mail is full and he's slow to respond to emails (like days, not hours or even the next day).

As far as yielding to PW, the Advantra Preferred Summary of Benefits shows Cobb county as one of the service areas. The Coventry website and Medicare.gov both show the plan as being available for 2015.

Still on hold with Broker Support. Going on 45 minutes now. Aetna/Coventry is a clusterf!@# right now. They've been so good to deal with in prior years, but they've really screwed things up with this merger. Hopefully it improves soon.

Try Melissa McBride. She seems to respond in a timely manner. Her number is: 912-414-6722. She and Larry are the only two I trust. I'm surprised to hear you say that about Larry. He usually gets back to me quickly.

Try Melissa McBride. She seems to respond in a timely manner. Her number is: 912-414-6722. She and Larry are the only two I trust. I'm surprised to hear you say that about Larry. He usually gets back to me quickly.

Have you tried to call him recently? Normally he's Johnny on the spot, but right now he's overwhelmed with calls and emails because of the contracting fiasco at Aetna/Coventry. I'm not upset with him because of the slow responses. I understand why it's happening. I've emailed Melissa and Tanya as well.

----------

Well after an hour and a half we discovered that Medicare shows that they live in Cherokee County. I gave Coventry the Cobb County tax assessors website and showed them how to look up my client (their member) and viola, they live in Cobb County. What a freakin nightmare.

Good luck getting in touch with Melissa. She takes days to return calls and emails. I imagine it is even worse this week.

I've been calling some of my clients and other than those who want to look at P/W plans, they're staying put. No one got the letter you mentioned, and now we know why. Cov is pulling out of Cherokee. But you know that one.

I've been calling some of my clients and other than those who want to look at P/W plans, they're staying put. No one got the letter you mentioned, and now we know why. Cov is pulling out of Cherokee. But you know that one.

So far the Coventry clients that I've spoken with are staying put as well. I was looking at the Rx for a client as we were considering switching over the the new Aetna PPO. One of the meds isn't on either formulary, but showed a drastically higher retail price on the Aetna plan. This was on the Medicare site. Unfortunately the Aetna site doesn't have the 2015 info yet (at least not this afternoon) so I can't check it to confirm.

Additionally, the Aetna site doesn't have their network loaded yet. Hard to check doctors for people if Aetna doesn't have it loaded in the system yet. I was told they are working on it.

Back