Coventry/Aetna and Missing Commissions

Good Morning All,

I'm not having any issues with getting paid
BUT

I'm concerned about OEP that's approaching. Should I bother to get

certified?? Are we going to get paid at a decent level again ( 6% )

Does anyone know when we'll hear? I won't work for 0-2% just not worth

the hassle or liability.

What is everyone planning to do for OEP this year.?

Looking forward to all your thoughts.

:D:D:D

Aetna/Coventry doesn't pay 6%, it's PMPM and comes out to far less than that, so have no idea why you are asking that question on this thread.

How many of you used the Aetna/Coventry carrier connect link to enroll your clients in plans?

All of mine were enrolled using that method, I wonder if that helps with the commission side.

Most were direct HC.gov enrollments or renewals from 2015. I'm working with a contact at Aetna to get an accurate client list first before I fill the spreadsheet out so I can reconcile what should be paid vs. just what's missing.

I'm leaning towards saying screw it. Only 2 companies left in my area and neither pay worth a damn so why bother with all the headache and then chase the commissions for 6 months? Will stick to Medicare Supplements and MA's.

Most were direct HC.gov enrollments or renewals from 2015. I'm working with a contact at Aetna to get an accurate client list first before I fill the spreadsheet out so I can reconcile what should be paid vs. just what's missing.

I haven't had any payment issues with apps submitted through the Aetna/Coventry carrier connect link, maybe that is something to consider going forward.

Good Morning All,

I'm not having any issues with getting paid
BUT

I'm concerned about OEP that's approaching. Should I bother to get

certified?? Are we going to get paid at a decent level again ( 6% )

Does anyone know when we'll hear? I won't work for 0-2% just not worth

the hassle or liability.

What is everyone planning to do for OEP this year.?

Looking forward to all your thoughts.

:D:D:D

6% was only humana/molina If i remember, which now in Florida looks like BCBS will be even more dominant with most carriers pulling out...I just dont see how it makes sense to market a product where the carriers will DEFINITELY lower comp or even eliminate it, then you have to chase these people down to pay for their $39 silver plan.

Hope I am wrong as I still talk to close friends who are agents and are going all in on obamacare, but dont see how they will make a profit as most wont stick so the residuals will be gone...

Communicate with your clientele and hope for the best. We can hang it up in Feb if the results are unlivable

----------

Oops, previous reply was to another forum.

I didn't get 20 to stick with Cov in IL - too expensive after Harken came in. Just getting my PPPM... not enough for even a decent monthly date night.

Yeah, I've tried and tried to get commissions paid and about 90% are so far, but I've been working on this since 12/22/15. It's ridiculous that Every year, there's one company that you have to chase your money from. Really 6+ months to get paid on what you wrote almost a year ago:mad: Not sure what 2017 OE holds :skeptical:

Back