Coventry Now in Florida

Can't speak for FL but can tell you what they have done in GA. I doubt you will find much variation from state to state.

They came here 1.5 yrs ago and hit the ground running. They targeted Blue as their competition and introduced Blue look alikes at rates 30% or so below Blue. They even hired a bunch of folks away from Blue which means the problems at Blue followed over to Coventry.

They still have kick butt rates out of the shoot but now they put them through the meat grinder in underwriting.

Initially they were approving anyone who could fog a mirror. About 90 days later they started to get religion and were declining or rating up for hangnails.

They finally gave their rates to Norvax about 6 months ago and Quotit 2 months ago.

They are still not on eHealth.

They are supposed to roll out an e-app any day now.

Underwriting sucks.

Customer service sucks.

I stopped using them a year ago. Even though they are still competitive (pre-underwriting) putting up with their service issues wasn't worth the hassle.

They hit MD with indie plans just over 2 years ago. Initially it was accept/reject with 20% comp - no online apps.

With apparently next to no business coming in they just reached out to the agent community by reducing the comp - still no online apps.

I'll check in with them to see how that's going in a few months.

next to no business coming in

AFAIK they are writing a fair amount here, even with paper apps. There are a couple of agency's that blanket the newspaper every week with ads and they are writing quite a bit of business.

Coventry subsidizes those ads and pays them a nice commission for the business. The agency's quote, take apps, move on. If the client takes the offer, great. If not, no big deal. They will turn in another 30 apps that day to cover the loss.

In the meanwhile Coventry has had 100%+ turnover in underwriters in the last 18 months or so. Billing is staffed by morons.

Renewal's haven't been bad . . . around 18% but they introduced a new line in August. That will allow them to ramp up renewal increases on the first block.

Geez... Coventry sounds just like CIGNA here in Texas....Cigna has become a joke... Im sorry... A BIG FING JOKE!!! Rates changed in underwriting with no rhyme or reason, then a flunkey calling to tell them they raised rates and will now order MR and try and talk the client OUT of the policy. In agent support they lie lie lie and will not give a str8 answer,

You just never know where a case is at with these people. Underwriting is WORSE than a meat grinder.
Arragont attutide toward agent and client.
I got into a verbal fight with 3 of their underwriters so far.
rates not on NORVAX, so you log on and run the rate which is nothing short of an arse beating.. then if you are gonna send out info u have the Norvax file and then the Cigna file... just a joke

I could go on but why, i just decided to move on and forget them for a bit.

ALSO***** Right after my surgery they had a user agreement that had to be "Signed" to contuine logging into their site to run rates and see your business... it said... and I quote......"it is cond. of use that U do not post ...threating, abusive,..defamatory of any kind.. or post any harrasing or deliberately offensive comments... U also agree that Cigna, at its sole decreation determins wheather u transmitted any of this....

OK, so now I have violated my contract... come and get me

Back