Coventry Now in Florida

So Coventry has completed the acquisition of Vista here in Florida.

Any thoughts or opinions? Is it worth getting appointed with them?

Coventry actually completed their acquisition of Vista Healthplans some time back, they've just been slow getting this rolled out.

I've taken some time to break their product down...

Network is large here in Florida, one of the better ones. Lots of good quality par providers.

Pricing is average. Nothing special, but not awful either. Clearly not as competitive, premium-wise, as H1 for most risks (in most markets).

Product design is fine - everything that should be in there is. "Contract" year deductible vs. calendar.

Comp is quite average. They do have some sort of a bonus going on with their roll-out. As earned (20% fy, 5% renewal on original premium) available on a direct contract (advances available after 75 apps placed), or thru an FMO/IMO with whatever deal they offer. Comp paid on entire premium, not just base.

When they called me about their Q3(?) '08 rollout at the beginning of the year, my fear was that it would be just another "me too product".

That's just what it is.

Not a bad product to have in the bag of tricks, but certainly not something you can't live without either.

somarco's got me nervous about the underwriting and back-office...

Back