Covered California Commission Question

Discussion in 'Health Insurance Exchange Forum' started by Gracy92, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Gracy92

Gracy92 Member

State:

Covered california commissions

Hello to everyone , I am new agent enrolling through Covered California program or ACA I'm trying to know what are the rates on commission , Here in my county only are affiliated Blue shield ,Molina and I think Kaiser . I try to call Covered California and they told me that the carries decide what commission they are going to be paid , If anyone knows any information regarding this , I would really appreciated.

Thank you.

2. Gracy92

Gracy92 Member

State:

Hello to everyone , I am new agent enrolling through Covered California program or ACA I'm trying to know what are the rates on commission , Here in my county only are affiliated Blue shield ,Molina and I think Kaiser . I try to call Covered California and they told me that the carries decide what commission they are going to be paid , If anyone knows any information regarding this , I would really appreciated.

Thank you.

3. Dave020

Dave020 Super Moderator Moderator

State:
    California
    Carriers pay commission on Individual & Family business.

Covered CA pays commission only on SHOP small group business.

Blue Shield currently 2.5% First year 1.5% Renewal

Kaiser $100 per member First Year $50 per member Renewal

Molina I believe is $19 per member per month (if you get paid at all :err: )

Anthem is $12 per member First Year $9 per member Renewal. Anthem is exiting most of the CA market in 2018 and is not a participant in the SHOP

Health Net pays flat 2% First Year and Renewal

Blue Shield offers bonuses so you can make extra $$$ selling and retaining with them.

4. Gracy92

Gracy92 Member

State:

Thank you!!! I already call Molina but it's 19 per member in the policy or is per application? Im not really sure , because in most of the cases are more than one member subscribe with Molina.

5. FLM2

FLM2 Well-Known Member

State:

It's per member, not application-you have to be out of your mind to enter this part of the insurance industry at this time, by the way, it's virtually impossible for a new agent to make a living.

6. Gracy92

Gracy92 Member

State:

Are you trying to said that's is not a good investment ?? to try to make a living of this market?

7. FLM2

FLM2 Well-Known Member

State:

Which part of my statement that 'you have to be crazy to enter this market' is difficult to understand?

8. GreenSky

GreenSky Well-Known Member

State:
    Nevada
    Perhaps I can make it clearer.

You'll go broke trying to make a living selling individual health insurance.

Rick

9. rcduggan

rcduggan Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    hey well i thought with the aca law in effect and now that everyone has to have insurance, i'd make millions offering individual health insurance. jeez, guess i have to go back to door to door vacuum selling...

10. Gracy92

Gracy92 Member

State:

Thanks for the support haha :P I'm thinking on selling not only that but its good to know the reality!