COW or leap for people over 60?

Golfnut2112

Guru
100+ Post Club
Will either one of these selling systems (or any others) work for people over 60? I am debating to start utilizing a selling system but I know absolutely nothing about them. I did go to a weekly leap meeting for about a month and really didn't learn anything. I don't want to spend six months learning a system because I'm old and I will forget what I learned in the beginning, so simplicity would be nice.

Thanks

Will either one of these selling systems (or any others) work for people over 60? I am debating to start utilizing a selling system but I know absolutely nothing about them. I did go to a weekly leap meeting for about a month and really didn't learn anything. I don't want to spend six months learning a system because I'm old and I will forget what I learned in the beginning, so simplicity would be nice.

Thanks

Imo, they are geared towards those still in the work force with 10-30 years until retirement. Granted, it has been a while since Ive reviewed the systems.

I do know LEAP has redone their system so it no longer requires 20 meetings to close the deal. Its supposed to be simplified, but the old system was extremely overcomplicated.

For those 60+ I would look at more of an asset management system with more income planning functions. But I could be wrong. Again, been a while.

Dont what? Want to know why its worth that amount? Why shouldnt I or anyone else?

The website does very little explaining on the actual value proposition.

Basically it says they teach you how to communicate the tax law around WL vs. other retirement savings vehicles. (to summarize)

So is it the method of communication to the client? Because it seems they are just teaching how WL works as a savings vehicle.

All I'm saying is that if you (generic or collective 'you') don't see the value (which would be based on the introduction webinars and attending a boot camp) AND the opportunity to learn and grow from others who are also 7-figure producers... then don't join.

We have 5 CPAs and an attorney as part of our group.

We have over $1.5 billion dollars "off the radar screen of the IRS" for income tax purposes.

We do work with people who are close to and in retirement - generally up to age 75 as that's the highest issue age on our limited pay policy (or we can "borrow a life").

It's not just about splitting cases. It's the whole environment that I really enjoy.

However, if that value isn't seen, then it can be viewed as "the takeaway league". I get it.

scagnt83, I'm not sure it's for you. We're looking to attract based on shared beliefs and aligned objectives. I just don't see that fit for you... and that's okay.

All I'm saying is that if you (generic or collective 'you') don't see the value (which would be based on the introduction webinars and attending a boot camp) AND the opportunity to learn and grow from others who are also 7-figure producers... then don't join.

We have 5 CPAs and an attorney as part of our group.

We have over $1.5 billion dollars "off the radar screen of the IRS" for income tax purposes.

We do work with people who are close to and in retirement - generally up to age 75 as that's the highest issue age on our limited pay policy (or we can "borrow a life").

It's not just about splitting cases. It's the whole environment that I really enjoy.

However, if that value isn't seen, then it can be viewed as "the takeaway league". I get it.

scagnt83, I'm not sure it's for you. We're looking to attract based on shared beliefs and aligned objectives. I just don't see that fit for you... and that's okay.

After all the info Ive provided, and discussions Ive had on this forum about cash value life insurance.... you really dont think I have the shared beliefs of other agents who also specialize in this niche??

DHK, whenever a 3rd party system is pitched on this forum, its par for the course for forum members to not only ask questions... but to investigate and discuss details in depth to judge the value proposition.

It has been like that on here for years now. Why should it be any different for you when you pitch a 3rd party system? You have peppered other posters with questions and picked apart the info they gave.... you even professed the benefits of that dynamic to our industry and to us agents.... why should it not be the same for your recommendations?

Why are you against sharing detailed info and being asked detailed questions??

You are the one recommending it and promoting it. Why should you not be the one to give details and explain its worth?

When asked why its worth what they charge... you have refused to give any in-depth details other than saying it helps with "communicating value to the client" (to paraphrase) .... and when pressed you deflect with youtube videos.

I have confided to you one on one recently that I have been looking for additional avenues of professional development & networking.

But this isnt for me because I question the value of SPLITTING MY BUSINESS with this person and would like greater details about it to justify my time and money?? (preferably from someone in it and not from their website)

Going to a bootcamp, watching a bunch of webinars, none of that is "on the ground" info coming from real experience. And real life info is what makes this forum what it is.

Last edited:
There's a difference between asking questions and challenging.

I don't answer "challenging" anymore. I have the value and I can walk away from a "challenger" at anytime. Granted, this is a text-based forum, but the way I'm reading this... you're challenging, rather than asking inquiring questions.

You can question the value of anything. However, I also know that you only have a sliver of what it's all about. And I'm not going to divulge everything when one can get onto an introductory webinar and EXPERIENCE it for themselves.

https://www.thebreakawayleague.com/upcoming-events

However, when you say:
I still want to know why this is worth $900/m fee on top of being forced to split cases with Mr. Love....

Note: we have 6 various mentors with whom you can work with and split cases with. Each are Inner Circle members and are 7 figure personal producers themselves. You don't have to work with Tom if you don't want to. (Although Silver members (below) might have to? I can't recall right now.)

My answer is still going to be the same: don't. Don't do it unless you believe in what we're doing and being a part of a group that's bigger than we are individually.

However, you won't have a change of heart or mind until you have a different experience. I won't rob you of that discovery experience when it is provided for free. Many other "systems" may offer trials of their software or other webinars.

The Breakaway League is NOT a "system".

What we do is not proprietary. HOW we do it is.

Step 1: Attend an introductory webinar. Our next one is February 2nd @ 10am Eastern as a "Boot Camp Sneak Peak".

Step 2: Attend a 5-6 hour boot camp for $500. Very insightful and instructive. It's worth 10x the cost for the information and training you'll get.

Step 3: You can join the Breakaway League as a "Silver Member" for $900 for 90 days. This is a chance to learn from others, but you can split one case to earn some commissions to help pay for a Platinum level.

Step 4: You join as a Platinum Level member for $900/month. You learn and have access to everything. You split 10 cases... and you become an Alumni for $300/month. Split 3 cases and you'll get $3k refunded back to you.

Why should you want to? Everybody has their own 'why'. For me, I like being a part of something bigger than myself. I have learned and grown FAR more being with them than not.

I'm not going to try to sell or convince you. But if you're curious... check it out.

But this isnt for me because I question the value of SPLITTING MY BUSINESS with this person and would like greater details about it to justify my time and money?? (preferably from someone in it and not from their website)

That's why I told you... don't.

Going to a bootcamp, watching a bunch of webinars, none of that is "on the ground" info coming from real experience. And real life info is what makes this forum what it is.

Experiencing learning from someone you thought you would be splitting cases with... isn't "real experience"???

You see, you're already closed to the idea. Why expound further? Don't do it. You don't have to. Keep doing what you're doing.

But if it were me, and I was SERIOUSLY considering joining, I'd want to be as EXPOSED to as much of these people as POSSIBLE. That's what the webinars and the boot camp is for.

I will not and can not take the place of that in our marketing.

Back