Cracking The High Net Worth Market

Liz

Guru
100+ Post Club
How do you target the high net worth market? Do you have advice for finding these types of clients, or any lessons learned?

Golf with them.lol

No really, what is high net worth in your area? Have you worked this market at all to know what makes it different?
What is going to set you apart from the rest of the people going after this group.

I have a niche that I work in the group. I am not looking for high net worth, but helping the people.

The HNW takes time, patience and polish. An agent I know decided to target that market right out of college. Very smart, personable, good with people. He was one of those "fake it until you make it" kind of guys.

Bought some nice suits, a used BMW and joined a country club. It probably took him 4 or 5 years until he would be considered successful by most standards. He sold life insurance to mom and pop across the kitchen table until he was able to pick up enough wealthy clients to focus on that market.

I doubt most agents today would be willing to do what he (and others like him did) to crack into that market.

The HNW takes time, patience and polish. An agent I know decided to target that market right out of college. Very smart, personable, good with people. He was one of those "fake it until you make it" kind of guys.

Bought some nice suits, a used BMW and joined a country club. It probably took him 4 or 5 years until he would be considered successful by most standards. He sold life insurance to mom and pop across the kitchen table until he was able to pick up enough wealthy clients to focus on that market.

I doubt most agents today would be willing to do what he (and others like him did) to crack into that market.

I agree. Most would not do what it takes. TIME...and need to learn. Not just something to jump in and think quick money

Back