Craigslist for NEW BUSINESS

insurance1822

Guru
1000 Post Club
I feel like I've overlooking craigslist as a pool of suspects/prospects. From apartments for rent, cars for sale, etc...there seems to be so much potential to farm business.

Somebody might be selling a car...but why not call and ask to quote their insurance? It's a number...

Somebody has an apartment for rent...why not call and ask to quote the tenant occupied property?

The opportunities seem to be endless. Has anybody tried anything like this?

I think you would get people mad at you.
I'm selling my car because I can't afford it, you call wanting to sell me insurance. Seems a bit off.

You would still have to comply with the DNC rules.
You would also have to comply with craigslist rules about 3rd party contacts.

If you are into making calls, it's probably a good way to dial the phone. If you are into selling, not sure it would work better than just cold calling.

Dan

I feel like I've overlooking craigslist as a pool of suspects/prospects. From apartments for rent, cars for sale, etc...there seems to be so much potential to farm business.

Somebody might be selling a car...but why not call and ask to quote their insurance? It's a number...

Somebody has an apartment for rent...why not call and ask to quote the tenant occupied property?

The opportunities seem to be endless. Has anybody tried anything like this?

Bottom left of every ad on CL=

+Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

or throw water bottles at runners w/ your card on it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
^^^I stole that one from JD :laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
I ran a life ad in the financial services section. Stopped doing it once I got the call from a woman who wanted life insurance for 1 month. She had a brain tumor and wanted coverage if she died on the table.

I ran a life ad in the financial services section. Stopped doing it once I got the call from a woman who wanted life insurance for 1 month. She had a brain tumor and wanted coverage if she died on the table.

I nominate this for best lead ever.

Actually, I was surprised she wanted it for the full month. It must have been a pretty high risk operation.

The nice think is you should easily cross-sell disability coverage. This policy should stay on the books for a couple of months at least.

Dan

Back