Creating and Selling Packages

Cash

Guru
100+ Post Club
I listened to a recording of the great Ben Feldman about two weeks ago. Over the weekend I read the Peter Rosangard book.

One thing that struck me is that both of these salesmen sold "packages."

Feldman made packages around gift taxes, key man policies, buy sell agreements, etc.

Rosangard mentioned doing a package that was split between a pension and a life insurance policy.

Has anyone here ever put together a "package"? Does anyone know of a company that has "packages" ready to sell?

I think it is an interesting concept that is sorta being done with BYOB and BOY and others. Interested in what others have to say.

The Insurance Pro Shop will train you on how to sell your products as a "package".

If I can help you to:
- Eliminate your debt
- Fund college educations for your children
- Have the life insurance you need to protect your family if the worst happens
- Pay off your home 5 to 10 years early
- And have a retirement income you cannot outlive
- Without taking any additional money out of your pocket or changing your lifestyle... would it be worth sitting down and talking about?

http://www.insuranceproshop.com/lifeinsurancemarketing/

Helping Families to Live Debt Free and Truly Weathy...

In short, take the promised results of having that package and outline those results/benefits so that people would want them and meet with you to see how you can do it.

The Insurance Pro Shop will train you on how to sell your products as a "package".

http://www.insuranceproshop.com/lifeinsurancemarketing/

Helping Families to Live Debt Free and Truly Weathy...

In short, take the promised results of having that package and outline those results/benefits so that people would want them and meet with you to see how you can do it.

I wouldn't call those packages but rather goals. I would call BOY a concept.

A package would be like "buy out your partner for $50 dollars a month" or "a $1,000,000 policy for estate taxes" and such. Rosangard had a "25Pounds a month for a X,XXX pension and a XX,XXX life policy if you should die."

Feldman didn't work with accountants or attorneys, he just did his thing, selling life insurance in such a way that made it obvious that someone should buy it. I personally have never seen someone do this and find it intriguing.

As insurance agents, we have good products that can solve a number of problems but people don't understand them or their minds have been poisoned against us by the financial entertainers/Wall St owned financial media. Perhaps a packaged sale is a good way to start the conversation that we all need to do more comprehensive planning.

That being said I don't know of a package out there. Perhaps a mixture of WL and DIA's might be a good start.

EDIT: I could see the "pay off your home 5-10 years early" as being a package of sorts.

Last edited:
Those "goals" can all be solved through the proper use of permanent life insurance.

But you're right. I didn't assign a price tag to it. That's because they are custom packages... not "off the shelf" packages. ;)

Cash you are right about Ben Feldmans packages, they were so simple for people to understand. His office was only 25 minutes from my house so I actually drove there and had the honor talking to him on a few occasions. The very first time I met him he asked me what I did and told him I sold life insurance for Pru, he told me he creates money where none existed which I thought sounded a lot better than what I did. Lol

The biggest difference in Ben's packages and DHK's concepts is that with Ben's packages the problem could only be solved thru life insurance because people don't know when you will die, and upon death a huge problem was created, whereas you can use other investments to fund education, pay the house off early etc.

Back