Creating Backlinks

CameronGH

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to the site and I'm sure this has been asked before but I searched and didn't find anything too specific.

When building your websites, what are some places you used to post backlinks? I don't want to pay for them, but I am having a hard time finding good places to create them :-\

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to the site and I'm sure this has been asked before but I searched and didn't find anything too specific.

When building your websites, what are some places you used to post backlinks? I don't want to pay for them, but I am having a hard time finding good places to create them :-

You want to place it on as many different websites as you can.

Make some videos and upload them to viddler.com and youtube.

Join all kinds of forums and follow their rules and you will be able to show you link.

Make a linkedin account. Add the link to your facebook.

You want to place it on as many different websites as you can.

Make some videos and upload them to viddler.com and youtube.

Join all kinds of forums and follow their rules and you will be able to show you link.

Make a linkedin account. Add the link to your facebook.

Interesting, never heard of viddler.

So linking in signatures and what not on forums will work too?

I was under the impression that a backlink needed to be in more specific areas for google to acknowledge it as opposed to forum boards.

Interesting, never heard of viddler.

So linking in signatures and what not on forums will work too?

I was under the impression that a backlink needed to be in more specific areas for google to acknowledge it as opposed to forum boards.

I'm no SEO expert, but I know when you google my email address, it will pick up a lot of websites where I talk on.

Or google my websites and see where all the links come from.

Example: Google "top ten mistakes insurance agent" and see I get the 1st link and the 1st page.

You can make a video, use the keywords that you want to, add the website info on it, and then post it on tons of websites an google will pick it up.

Great feedback Mark. And I completely agree with your comment on videos. They go up to the top of search engines faster than any blog, article, etc could. Make sure to take advantage of your tag "words" or tag "phrases" by picking something that has a chance to make it to the first 2 pages of google. Mark's example was perfect. Had he just tagged "insurance" he never would have made it to the number 1 spot. However, since he used a phrase that was more specific, it enabled him to rise to the top much quicker.

Joe - Annuity Think Tank

some of your best resources are quite simple. Check newspaper websites, blogs, etc for comment locations, and comment on them.

Local forums, local blogs, local websites, then branch out to higher value ones.

However, unless you target keywords properly and link the right way, you're likely to do this for the rest of your natural life with no result whatsoever.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also, you should be using this to backlink content on your website that you're also leveraging. Haphasardly linking your main page helps, but you're better off if you think of seo of a "web" of things that need to not only link to your site but to each other.

Learn how twitter actually works, if you tweet about things all day it's likely noone will notice you. You have to properly use hashtags, and include urls, same with facebook. If you go on facebook and post every article you write you're likely to just watch your friends leave if you do it daily.

Thats something that should be handled monthly or weekly at most, unless its something people find interesting or relevent to them, now.

Think as if you were a user. Do you want to read an article every day from the guy that talks about insurance on facebook but never posts anything on your comments or that you care about? Likely not. You'll probably stop being their "friend".

I have a buddy that overdoes stuff like that really bad, I actually watch him do it to figure out what I think other people's annoyance level will be.

Its not harmful to post links to articles on your facebook page you made for your business, or google+, or make youtube videos, or dailymotion videos, etc etc.

But try to not **** where you eat. Twitter is the exception, noone cares how often you tweet, its like drinking from a fire hoze, the water you don't drink blasts past your mouth.

Also, programmically leverage the content. There are plugins for wordpress that tweet, post, rss feed, and post to facebook at once, so you dont have to waste your time doing it all seperately.

Last edited:
Make sure you put your State Name atleast 15-20 times on your Home Page, Google loves this stuff. Also make sure you have a Meta Keyword Tag and stuff the hell out of it with every keyword you can find. Then make sure you add a Meta Code with every zip code in your state.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back