Credit Check/Insurance Agent

Jasblt

I am considering a career change and going into insurance sales, I read a post earlier about companies performing credit checks. Do they do this on all or just independents opening there own office? The recession crushed me and that is a concern.:1err:

I am considering a career change and going into insurance sales, I read a post earlier about companies performing credit checks. Do they do this on all or just independents opening there own office? The recession crushed me and that is a concern.:1err:

Every agent gets credit checked because advances are loans to you. Most agents can get approved but not all.

Every agent gets credit checked because advances are loans to you. Most agents can get approved but not all.

Not to be disagreeable, but not every agent. There are a lot of agents that don't get advances. This forum is mostly made of straight commission agents, but there lots of other positions an insurance agent can have that are salaried.

My credit was trashed when I started. I got appointed with Assurity, Foresters, Guarantee Trust Life, Equitable, Medico, United Healthcare and Humana with no problems! Only company I had trouble with was MoO.

They wanted an explanation for every derogatory account listed on my credit report. I didn't bother responding because the honest truth was that I was financially irresponsible on a straight commission sales income!

If you have a more legitimate reason you should just go ahead and respond with a letter of explanation, when they ask for it! You might just get appointed!

Last edited:
Back