Credit goes to Marc Hart

Crabcake Johnny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Maryland
Marc has been targeting real estate agents - inviting them to a webinar and running online HSA presentations with great results.

I figured I'd give it a shot - used my Chamber of Commerce. I passed out invites yesterday late afternoon at my event to around 120 members - asking them to register by email for an online HSA webinar on Monday.

So far I have over 20 registrations by this morning.

I'll keep you posted. I do a lot with local advertising and I'm going to try and establish 2 free webinars per week at set times.

As most know, I flyer up my business area often - gonna create a flyer with an invite next week.

Would be an interesting concept if as a business practice I ran educational webinars at set times every week and as time went by it got more known.

I'll let you know the results of Monday's HSA webinar.

My cost? Next to nothing - Chamber dues. My cost for flyering up my business area? I pay someone $10/hr.

While we're talking about local advertising...got SEVEN applications this week from a minuscule little ad I put it the local paper last week.

OK...GM laying a lot of people off in the area, but I'll take it!

I have run similar ads all year with just so-so results.

SEVEN applications this week from a minuscule little ad

So the Don Lapre mentoring actually paid off.

Good for you.

BTW, my basement is not rented. Want to move back in?

Marc has been targeting real estate agents - inviting them to a webinar and running online HSA presentations with great results.

I figured I'd give it a shot - used my Chamber of Commerce. I passed out invites yesterday late afternoon at my event to around 120 members - asking them to register by email for an online HSA webinar on Monday.

So far I have over 20 registrations by this morning.

I'll keep you posted. I do a lot with local advertising and I'm going to try and establish 2 free webinars per week at set times.

As most know, I flyer up my business area often - gonna create a flyer with an invite next week.

Would be an interesting concept if as a business practice I ran educational webinars at set times every week and as time went by it got more known.

I'll let you know the results of Monday's HSA webinar.

My cost? Next to nothing - Chamber dues. My cost for flyering up my business area? I pay someone $10/hr.

Love this idea. Fantastic "non-interruptive permission marketing". Wave of the future.

I'd like to see if I can get some local press attention - possibly a write up in a few local publications that will announce educational webinars twice a week. Of course, they'd be at night - around 7pm - possibly do one on Saturday.

This is a "no harm no foul" idea. If 3 or 30 people log on.....doesn't cost me anything to run a webinar - local press promotes it? 100% free advertising.

Time? Downstairs in my recliner - 7pm, laptop and phone. We'll see. I'm going to write up a press release and kick it out to my local publications.

Gonna design an invitation - not flyer - have my guy flyer up the business area with the invitations next week.

I would like to know more about the webinar. Who do you use for the webinar and is it also free as you were stating that it cost you nothing to do them.

How is it going so far?

Can we get Marc on to tell a little about his success?

Sounds Like a great Idea.

John, if we join your association do we get access to the HSA (and any other) webinar as members? Is this a canned presentation that others could use? Is that a benefit of membership? If so, it sounds like a good deal.

Even though I'm fairly technical as a programmer, I don't know the first thing about how to give webinars or the Vyew or GoToMeeting thing (what is the term for that... tele-conferencing?) I sit through a bunch of webinars, but have no idea how to put one together.

I'm still old-school... either have them go to the carrier site and fill out the application on line... or I go to the house and do it with them.

(I wish that my life carriers had online applications... but they require I actually see the applicant in person. I wonder if that will change with $5.00 gas?)

Al

Back