Credit goes to Marc Hart

Al -

My life carriers do not have online apps but guess what? I have not met and filled out a life app in person in years.

Life is not my bread and butter, but I do write half a dozen or so policies a year. Everything by phone, email & USPS.

Which reminds me . . .

I am due an app from a client.

Al -

Life is not my bread and butter, but I do write half a dozen or so policies a year. Everything by phone, email & USPS.

I've not written a lot of life but I've never done one on the phone like health. I have a prospect way up in Fort Brag, CA (a good 4 hour drive from me.) I wrote them health. I asked MoO if I had to see them in person to write them a term plan... and they said it was required. If it was a big case I could see it, but to drive 4 hours there and 4 hours back at close to $5 a gal gas (and over low MPG mountain roads) I don't know if I'll take the time or make the effort should the opportunity arise.

I have a fair number of clients in the LA area... 600 miles away. On short notice it cost about $290 round-trip on Southwest if you add in airport parking. Add another $75 to rent a car for the day (is it more? I've not rented in a year or so). Then you have to eat something... perhaps take the client out. It could be a $400 day. Like I say, it has to be a good-size case to make it worth the cost and the wear and tear on my body (any of you flown in the past few weeks? Not fun... not fun at all!)

The Jackass

Just a brief summary of what I do. I send out emails to my existing prospects that have not bought and I offer a webinar on health savings accounts to help them understand them, go over the benefits go over the best available options in their state. Just a way to market to them again and it is not threatening way for them to see a presentation. I show them how to get quotes and ask them to set up a 10 minute conusltation to go over their options.

I also started doing that but have also just started targeting real estate agents and doing webinars with them I go to offices and drop off a flyer with how they can join the webinar.

If you are a face to face guy I also actually go to their offices and do a presentation at their office.

What I am trying to do is doing a presentation and get as many leads as possible for a 30 minutes presentation.

At the end of the presentation I offer a 10 minute consultation to go over what they have, see if they are a fit for a health savings account.

Webinar software that you can use:

Go To Meeting
Gather Place

Free Webinar serves but not Vista compatible
shareitnow.com

I use freeconferencing for the telephone services.

Last edited:
Back