Critical Ilness Products: CB, Assurity , AIG, Wash Nat

starproducer

Expert
I been researching Critical Ilness Products: Colorado Bankers, Assurity , AIG, Wash Nat, Mutual of Omaha, Standard Life and i am comparing the differences . Some have ROP higher age issue. Is there any feedback anyone can give me as to choose one over the other. i think this market is prime for this product especially bundling with individual health with highded and oop expenses

I've only sold Colorado Bankers and still do sell Assurity, so I can give a few cents on this one.

I've stopped selling CB, and started selling Assurity years ago...here's why:

Assurity pays out up to 3 times in the 3 categories (cancer, heart attack and stroke, etc and the last catergory of Alzeimers, Renal failure, major organ transplant, paralysis not the result of stroke...).

While they both pay their claims in a timely fashion (I've had claims with both and both were very easy to get claims paid out quickly), Assurity has more illnesses they cover, BUT they pay out up to three times...once in each category.

To me, Assurity is the best value out there when everything's considered.

----------

Can't speak to the others you mentioned.

----------

I also haven't look at CB in years after switching over to Assurity. Hope this helped a little though.

I been researching Critical Ilness Products: Colorado Bankers, Assurity , AIG, Wash Nat, Mutual of Omaha, Standard Life and i am comparing the differences . Some have ROP higher age issue. Is there any feedback anyone can give me as to choose one over the other. i think this market is prime for this product especially bundling with individual health with highded and oop expenses

I own Assurity's so obviously that's the one I liked best. From what I remember Colorado Bankers is life insurance based where most others are health insurance based. It's been years since I looked at CBL though so that might have changed.

I like that Assurity offers a simplified issue or a fully underwritten version. Ages cut off pretty young on them though.

Aetna is changing their Cancer plan to critical illness. It's just in a few states so far. Very nice product though.

Newby--I also own the Assurity CI and term life...

I have my hubs on CI, DI, Acciflex and term life also....

Good choice :) Guess you could say I like that company. It is the one I've seen pay the fastest claims with the least complaints.

Thanks for feedback . i also notice GTL has a Term Life CI product with a ROP . the critical provider product

Last time I compared them all AG had the best CI policy imo.

Assurity has a really nice product too. They used to have a nice CI Rider on their term policies. Im not sure if they still do. But it was very similar to their regular standalone CI policy.

Why do you like AG over assurity and other carriers?

I forget the exact reasons I went with AG over Assurity. If I remember right they had a more comprehensive policy. It could very well be different now, that was a few years ago when I last compared the two.

You need to reach out to your IMO and get illustrations of both. Then compare the two.

Back