Criticism of Moderators

Sam

Founder
Administrator
As the forum rules stipulate, we will not tolerate any criticism of our forums moderation team. This is not a democracy and you do not have a say in this, if you don't like the way that the moderators are dealing with something, you can appeal to me directly, but we will not tolerate any posts about it.

The moderation team on this forum gives of their time and energy to help make the forum a better place for us all to learn more about our trades. I am very pleased with their work and I know that if they ever took a week off and you would see how crazy the spam gets when it isn't deleted very quickly, you would agree.

• Staff
How come I have a PM from a memebers that appears to be from Sam?
I issued a warning to a past member yesterday, with essentially the same message as I posted publicly in this thread, that they need to stop bashing the moderation and moderators if they would like to stick around.

I received several reports from people similar to yours, that my pm to him was forwarded on. I don't know how many he sent, but judging from the 20 or so threads he he started before he was permanently banned, I would assume that a lot of you received it from him.

How come I have a PM from a members that appears to be from Sam?

Since it seemed really important to him to get the word out about how he has been treated by us dictators, I will post his "last word" which he posted about 20 times last night.

when I get these private emails, I say to the hell with you sammie, go ahead and delete my profile AGAIN, to hell with this dictarship

Hi xyz,

I have been deleting your posts, as have some other moderators. I am writing to let you know that we do not tolerate criticism of our moderators on this forum. If you have an issue with something they do, you may email me to discuss, but the next post about it on the forum will be the last.

This is not a democracy, it is a dictatorship, and I have a right to decide what is and isn't an appropriate post on my forum.

You clearly know a lot about insurance and have a lot to offer, but you also like to make snide, angry or attacking posts. You can choose to focus on your positive side, or to leave because you don't enjoy a forum run in this way. The choice is yours, but you need to clean up your act if you would like to stay.

All the best,

Sam

I issued a warning to a past member yesterday, with essentially the same message as I posted publicly in this thread, that they need to stop bashing the moderation and moderators if they would like to stick around.

I received several reports from people similar to yours, that my pm to him was forwarded on. I don't know how many he sent, but judging from the 20 or so threads he he started before he was permanently banned, I would assume that a lot of you received it from him.

How come I have a PM from a members that appears to be from Sam?

Since it seemed really important to him to get the word out about how he has been treated by us dictators, I will post his "last word" which he posted about 20 times last night.

when I get these private emails, I say to the hell with you sammie, go ahead and delete my profile AGAIN, to hell with this dictarship

Hi xyz,

I have been deleting your posts, as have some other moderators. I am writing to let you know that we do not tolerate criticism of our moderators on this forum. If you have an issue with something they do, you may email me to discuss, but the next post about it on the forum will be the last.

This is not a democracy, it is a dictatorship, and I have a right to decide what is and isn't an appropriate post on my forum.

You clearly know a lot about insurance and have a lot to offer, but you also like to make snide, angry or attacking posts. You can choose to focus on your positive side, or to leave because you don't enjoy a forum run in this way. The choice is yours, but you need to clean up your act if you would like to stay.

All the best,

Sam

I didn't figure he would last long. We should have taken bets on the over under....

Just to clarify my original post here, as some of you have done with much relish and gusto in the past, I do not outlaw criticism of myself on the forum. Go ahead and give me your best shot.... I have learned a lot from feedback I get on this site and I fully acknowledge that we can and do make some mistakes, and reserve the right to get smarter.

However, this is my site, I signed up for that feedback, but my moderators didn't, I don't need any ruffians chasing away our great mod team because someone doesn't like how they work. You try herding 40,000 cats and see if you can get everyone to like all your decisions!

And yes, I did use the words ruffians, gusto and relish in this post. If anyone can come up with an artful follow-up post to use those words, I will send you a $25 Amazon certificate. (First one only and I am the judge if it is artful)

Back