Critique My Telemarketing Script Please

Golddoor

Guru
100+ Post Club
Texico
Trying different scripts and thought this one was the best, but didnt have much luck with it today. Maybe just a bad day or bad script?

Hi Mr./Mrs. ___________, My name is Chris Hoddy, I’m the owner of First American Insurance Group. I specialize in working with health insurance benefits for small businesses and individuals.

The reason for my call today is to see what you where currently doing in regards to your health insurance plan and to see if you would be interested in looking at some options to try and lower your premiums?

I like it but I'm more into statements:

"The reason for my call today is because several carriers have new health insurance plans on the market and we're saving most of our clients over 30%. Do you have a group or individual plan?"

I'd stay away from asking "yes/no" questions. The answer will most often be no.

"Would you be interested?" No.

Or

"We sending out information on the plans and rates. I can mail, fax or email it you. Which would you prefer?"

About 70% of my clients didn't know they were interested. Lol. But I just did an app today where they were paying over $600 and I got them to $320 on Golden Rule. Were they happy? Sure, but when I called she wasn't displaying much concern over the $600. She just had no idea she could cut her rate in half.

Last edited:
Trying different scripts and thought this one was the best, but didnt have much luck with it today. Maybe just a bad day or bad script?

Hi Mr./Mrs. ___________, My name is Chris Hoddy, I’m the owner of First American Insurance Group. I specialize in working with health insurance benefits for small businesses and individuals.

The reason for my call today is to see what you where currently doing in regards to your health insurance plan and to see if you would be interested in looking at some options to try and lower your premiums?

Follow John's suggestions and the following.

1) Take out working and substitute w/ selling or offering.
2) Delete the second paragraph and use John's recommendations. Business owners are interested in saving money and making money!

I like it but I'm more into statements:

"The reason for my call today is because several carriers have new health insurance plans on the market and we're saving most of our clients over 30%. Do you have a group or individual plan?"

I'd stay away from asking "yes/no" questions. The answer will most often be no.

"Would you be interested?" No.

Or

"We sending out information on the plans and rates. I can mail, fax or email it you. Which would you prefer?"

About 70% of my clients didn't know they were interested. Lol. But I just did an app today where they were paying over $600 and I got them to $320 on Golden Rule. Where they happy? Sure, but when I called she wasn't displaying much concern over the $600. She just had no idea she could cut her rate in half.

John,

Makes sense. Maybe I will switch it up tomorrow and see what happens. I'm guessing though that I will need to pre qualify more so I'm not just doing a bunch of quotes for people who really aren't interested?

Chris

No one cares about anything unless you're talking about saving them a significant amount of money. If I can't save my client at least 30% there's little to no interest. I save my average client over 50%. My whole pitch is for people with current insurance. Going after the uninsured is generally a waste of time and a horrible book of business.

Geico doesn't advertise that they'll send you information. They say 15 minutes could save you 15%.

John,

Makes sense. Maybe I will switch it up tomorrow and see what happens. I'm guessing though that I will need to pre qualify more so I'm not just doing a bunch of quotes for people who really aren't interested?

Chris

Savvy intelligent people aren't supposed to convey high interest. They don't know you yet. People who convey very high interest initially from a frick'n cold-call are normally time-wasters.

It takes me weeks to land a deal. A letter goes out first which establishes I'm legitimate. After that I call back and warm them up more, get some info out of them, then I send the info - rates and plan details. Then I call back again and by this time they know I'm for real and will actually talk with me. Until that point they are generally stoic.

Great stuff John. I'm going to use some of those ideas tomorrow. People want to save money or increase benefits, show them how you can help them do this and you will never be without prospects. Create doubt that their coverage is the best bang for the buck.

BTW, I often bet prospects that if I can't save them at least 30% on their rates I will give them a gift certificate to Ruth's Chris for $200. I have NEVER had to buy a certificate.

Keep it short.

Keep it direct.

Get to the punch line.

You have 15 seconds (if you are lucky) to grab their attention.

Cut out the clutter. You don't need a lot of extra words.

They don't care if you are the owner or the busboy. They don't know who you are or who First American is. Further, they don't care.

Identify yourself, state your purpose, ask for a commitment (yes or no response). If you can accomplish this in 15 seconds you have a chance of succeeding.

Hi ________ this is Chris. I am surveying business owners in your area who want to save 30% or more on their health insurance.

Would you be willing to take two minutes to find out how much you can save?

This accomplishes the same thing in 39 words that took you 67 words to say.

Which one has a better chance of grabbing the prospect quicker?
Order this book. Read it and put it to use. You will be amazed at how it improves your results.

Here's a challenge to help you. I want everyone to give the following information:

Who you are
What the purpose of your call is, and
Why I should listen to you

in 50 words or less.

Don't use words you'll stumble over or slur. Don't use phrases that will make you lose air, and go short on breath. Don't sound like a telemarketer.

(I'm going to work on it this evening and tomorrow, and give my two cents worth)

Hopefully, when this is over, and everyone has submitted their script, you can take the best of what works, and make it your own (I know I will)

Latest posts

Back