Critique This AD

1manshow

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pa
Producer had a few newspaper ads ready to run and I thought I'd get some feedback from the internet geniuses:idea: Kidding aside, any critique you have on these ads would be considered "constructive critism" Each ad will run twice a week in the paper for a month at a time. Each will have the producers photo in a caption as well.

Auto insurance rates lowered by 20% !
Major carrier offers new program in 2009
that promises rate reductions of 20% or more.
Now is your chance to Stop overpaying and
get a money back guarantee.

How Can You WIN
$1000 Cash in 2009 ??

It's Easy !!
Call us and get your quote,
Show us proof of how much you saved
and you are qualified to win $1000 cash !!!
Win another $500 in our referral rewards !
Call for details.

Uhm... What if you can't save them 20%...?

Could be deceptive advertising.

The rebate idea could be construed as just that, Rebating.

You better run these ads past someone in compliance, and my guess is they would say Nah-baby-nah.

Actually, the 20% is a rate reduction off the company filed rates not the client's rates. I assumed that was obvious.
Thanks for your feedback

So there's no laws against rebating in P & C?

"Show us how much you saved" implies that they signed up with you and saved, and in turn you're offering a possible eward/bonus of $1K, in health that's rebating if it's paid out, if I'm not mistaken.

Actually, the 20% is a rate reduction off the company filed rates not the client's rates. I assumed that was obvious.
Thanks for your feedback

promises rate reductions of 20% or more

So if a customer apply's and you can't save them 20%, they shouldn't feel misled...? With the verbiage it sure sounds like you are guaranteeing to save them at least 20%... not that the company has reduced their rates 20%, as you mentioned.

I guess not obvious to me...

Having a contest to win a $1000 is not illegal in Pa which is the office we would be offering this promotion. To qualify for entry all one needs to do is get a quote and provide us a copy of their current policy so we can verify a savings amount. They do not need to purchase any insurance from us to qualify. I actually think her idea on this one was brilliant considering this economic enviroment.

So if a customer apply's and you can't save them 20%, they shouldn't feel misled...? With the verbiage it sure sounds like you are guaranteeing to save them at least 20%... not that the company has reduced their rates 20%, as you mentioned.

Sportsnut, ' don't take this the wrong way, but are you an actuary or underwriter ? "Sounds like" is marketing ! We do our best to get a message out and will certainly be glad to explain it to our "slower" prospects, but we need to grab their attention. I'd be interested to see what marketing ideas you may be using.

Thanks again

I'm not talking about your content. But look at this small change that I made. Same words, but mine sticks out better.

Auto Insurance Rates Lowered by 20% !
get a MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.

I thought I'd get some feedback from the internet geniuses:idea: Kidding aside, any critique you have on these ads would be considered "constructive critism"

You asked for it, I gave the critique... Apparently you really didn't mean that you would take it as "constructive".

Sportsnut, ' don't take this the wrong way, but are you an actuary or underwriter ? "Sounds like" is marketing ! We do our best to get a message out and will certainly be glad to explain it to our "slower" prospects, but we need to grab their attention. I'd be interested to see what marketing ideas you may be using.

NO offense taken, and NO, I am not an actuary or u/w... just your regular PITA sales agent. Precision is a must though, and my opinion, which you asked for and which I provided, is that the ad claiming 20% guaranteed savings is very misleading and potentially deceptive. But don't take my word for it, why don't you run it past compliance at the DOI or your mainline carrier and see what they tell you, if you really wish to know.

I will be interested in the feedback that you obtain from the DOI or ins co. If you insert the pieces as-is, my opinion is that you are subject to sanction for this type of offer... But solely my opinion, however it wouldn't be my bacon on the line if the fan comes in contact with the excrement.

But then again I could have said: D@mn, that looks good 1ms... but that ain't excatly my style. Good luck on the ad, whether you decide to disregard this or not.
</IMG>

But don't take my word for it, why don't you run it past compliance at the DOI or your mainline carrier and see what they tell you, if you really wish to know.​

Already completed and documented via my office manager, but thanks for your concern.​

Apparently you really didn't mean that you would take it as "constructive".​

Huh ??? Extrasensory perception ?​

Either way, thanks for your input. I do appreciate the honest criticism.​

Producer had a few newspaper ads ready to run and I thought I'd get some feedback from the internet geniuses:idea: Kidding aside, any critique you have on these ads would be considered "constructive critism" Each ad will run twice a week in the paper for a month at a time. Each will have the producers photo in a caption as well.

How Can You WIN
$1000 Cash in 2009 ??

It's Easy !!
Call us and get your quote,
Show us proof of how much you saved
and you are qualified to win $1000 cash !!!
Win another $500 in our referral rewards !
Call for details.

Auto Insurance Rates - 20% LOWER !!!

New 2009 program !!!

Money Back Guarantee !!!

CALL XXX-XXXX NOW To See If You QUALIFY !!!

WIN $1000 CASH GUARANTEED !!!

CALL NOW For An Auto Quote

Show Proof of Savings

Enter to WIN $1000 cash !!!

BONUS $500 With REFERRAL REWARDS!

CALL XXX-XXXX NOW !!!

Back