Cross Selling P/c Book

jemelton

Guru
100+ Post Club
Has anyone had any experience cross selling an existing book of p&c clients? I want to get a formal plan together for 2014 for our agency. I do not want to overthink it but want to have a plan together. I am thinking of several ideas of when to contact....at home renewal time? 6 months after renewal? 3 months before birthday (to create urgency to get insurance in place).

I was simply going to tell them who I am, what I do and ask them when was the last time they reviewed their life insurance.....thoughts?

I've never seen this personally, but I've heard folks do well by giving a quote on life insurance (nothing too fancy, not even asking health questions) with every sale and renewal. It's less so about hard pitching them and more about catching folks that were thinking about it anyway or know they need it and making sure they know you have it available for them.

Good to quote however what you say to them when you give them the quote is the key to everything. A simple do you love someone works wonders. Then you go from there.

Good to quote however what you say to them when you give them the quote is the key to everything. A simple do you love someone works wonders. Then you go from there.

That may work well for you and that's great....why deliver a quote if the people have no interest in life insurance? I was more thinking calling all of them and asking if they had life ins and if they don't sell them some.....if they do ask when was the last time they had it reviewed.

Has anyone had any experience cross selling an existing book of p&c clients? I want to get a formal plan together for 2014 for our agency. I do not want to overthink it but want to have a plan together. I am thinking of several ideas of when to contact....at home renewal time? 6 months after renewal? 3 months before birthday (to create urgency to get insurance in place).

I was simply going to tell them who I am, what I do and ask them when was the last time they reviewed their life insurance.....thoughts?

Whether your a life agent aspiring to crack the code of how to get in front of the other 98% of clients who don't respond to the typical TM, internet, and DM lead or if you're a P&C agency trying to increase the value of your P&C business by creating an additional sale in every home, not leaving any money on the table.

You should check these guys out. Unique Writers has a strong turn key system where they provide this link between Life and P&C to create additional wealth on both sides which could not have been achieved without working together... Check it out..

P&C Life Writers

Do any other mostly life agents have any experience cross selling an existing, established P/C book?

If you're a P&C agent who also had their life license and you're NOT mentioning life to your P&C clients, you're doing them a great disservice. The greatest % of life sales in our agency comes from our P&C clients.

As a service to the whole book (75-80% P&C). I give out free will kits with a short explaination of the life policies offered. I email a follow up in a month and offer notary service for the will if completed and call 2 months later with nothing on the agenda but life insurance. Just ask some questions and don't offer to sale anything; plant some seeds; water the seeds you already planted.

When they start asking about different types of offerings, or this or that start the sale right then; slowly then build till they ask you to buy, so to speak. Life is something everybody will agree they need even those that have it will agree they could use more.

Being heavy in P&C, I would flip to 75-80% L&H in a heartbeat. Less service for all my current L&H, by far.

Latest posts

Back