Crowdfunding & Life Insurance

BYSFG

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
What are everyone's thoughts on this?

More and more I'm seeing these crowd funding pages pop up, especially in social media groups and pages, primarily more so with Gen X/Boomers and a few decades (possibly even now) my generation, the Millennials.

It beats me why people would opt. for the headache of spending time trying to fund $10,000 - $20,000 online instead at the very minimum plan ahead to have a basic term policy, which is probably more affordable than they think and would save them the headache of consistently wondering if they'll have enough to send their loved ones off properly.

:err::1baffled:

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

More and more I'm seeing these crowd funding pages pop up, especially in social media groups and pages, primarily more so with Gen X/Boomers and a few decades (possibly even now) my generation, the Millennials.

It beats me why people would opt. for the headache of spending time trying to fund $10,000 - $20,000 online instead at the very minimum plan ahead to have a basic term policy, which is probably more affordable than they think and would save them the headache of consistently wondering if they'll have enough to send their loved ones off properly.

:err::1baffled:

Because cell phones, cable and Starbucks is more important and instant gratification. Also, their death is not their problem.

Because cell phones, cable and Starbucks is more important and instant gratification. Also, their death is not their problem.

Hah, my original thought as well but it sounded harsh when it was running through my mind.

So has anyone tapped into the crowd funding market yet? :twitchy:

Hah, my original thought as well but it sounded harsh when it was running through my mind.

So has anyone tapped into the crowd funding market yet? :twitchy:

Yes actually. There is a type of insurance company that is selling "pools" or "bubbles" or something. I think you can even select which pool you go in.

Back